Favorite Cozumel Excursion

Bookster99

Hey, Carnival Cruisers! Usually in Cozumel, the wife and I just wander around the shops, get a bite to eat at an overpriced restaurant, get annoyed at the hawking merchants, and get back on the ship. We are thinking of booking an excursion in Cozumel instead. What are your favorites? 

Cozumel Barhop. You really need to see the east side. It departs from downtown so if you haven't been down there you may want to go a little early and check that out as well. They'll drop you off back by the port.

https://www.cozumelbarhop.com

Here's my blog on it.

https://saintgregtravel.com/vista-cozumel/

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

Isla Passion-catamaran-laid back, you get a boat trip, a beach and a pretty decent lunch-drinks too, but I don't drink.  We also really enjoyed the museum and the ( I will spell it wrong) pomplano flyers.  They are a once in a life time experience.  El Cid is in walking distance for a day pass, pool, hot tub no beach, great snorkeling.  Think it's gone up to a 100 per person, but again, it includes drinks.  We have never just gone to Cozumel and done nothing, there are so many excursions to do, so many places offer day passes-oh, and when we went with friends, we did the Salsa and Salsa-great for a rainy or too cool to swim day day!

• Like 1

We've been to Cozumel numerous times and also stayed in several resorts along the Mayan Riviera. The best excursion we have ever taken was Carnival's VIP Exclusive Tulum & Cenote Swim & Mayan Lunch that is offered on the Cozumel+ cruises. It was Ah-maze-ing! It's a full day, so there is no time for shopping or walking around, but so worth it. When it says VIP, it means it. We only had about 15 in our group and we were treated like rock stars. From umbrellas, cold bottled water, and ice-cold wet towels at Tulum, to a lunch with the softest and best-tasting corn tortillas I've ever had (and I grew up in Texas!), this tour was first class. We had a private tour of Tulum, went cliff-jumping at a secluded cenote, canoed through an amazing lake, and experienced incredible hospitality from our guide.

Our guide was so good that my husband gave him a $100 tip at the end of the tour. If we go back to Cozumel on Carnival, we would do this tour again in a heartbeat.  

Edited by SRQbeachgirl
  • Like 1