Shower/Tub Combo ? SB - SA Neptune Suites ?

Looking at the floor plans on both the Volendam and the Osterdam

Cruising on the Osterdam next month - in a Neptune Suite - booked for all of the wonderful suite "perks" - including the fact that the SB suite includes a separate shower stall We are 

thinking of booking a cruise on the Volendam next year - it sure looks like the floor plans in the suites on that ship have the shower INCLUDED in the tub ???

May sound like something silly to worry about - but - husband has trouble stepping in and out of tub - wants a separate shower(I LOVE the whirlpool tubs !)

Can anyone confirm bathroom lay-outs ?

THANK YOU !! 

1 minute ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

Looking at the floor plans on both the Volendam and the Osterdam

Cruising on the Osterdam next month - in a Neptune Suite - booked for all of the wonderful suite "perks" - including the fact that the SB suite includes a separate shower stall We are 

thinking of booking a cruise on the Volendam next year - it sure looks like the floor plans in the suites on that ship have the shower INCLUDED in the tub ???

May sound like something silly to worry about - but - husband has trouble stepping in and out of tub - wants a separate shower(I LOVE the whirlpool tubs !)

Can anyone confirm bathroom lay-outs ?

THANK YOU !! 

Bathroom layout on the older S & R ships (of which the Volendam is one) is indeed the bathtub & shower combo.  Only the newer ships of Vista class and up (of which the Oosterdam is one) offer separate showers and baths.

12 hours ago, PSR said:

The only problem with the stall shower is that it is quite small...don't drop the soap 😒 (or I guess you can use the provided liquid).

Smallest ever was on the K in a corner aft Neptune. Shower was smaller than a phone booth! In the Vista Neptunes, I think there is a shower over the tub in addition to the stall shower. So if you don't mind climbing into the tub, you do have more space to shower there. 

2 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Smallest ever was on the K in a corner aft Neptune. Shower was smaller than a phone booth!

Ironic, because in everything below a suite on Pinnacle ships you get a large shower, with no tub.  

1 hour ago, catl331 said:

Ironic, because in everything below a suite on Pinnacle ships you get a large shower, with no tub.  

I would so much rather just have the large shower. The only good thing about the tub is the long clothesline for hanging swimsuits and hand laundry.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I just noticed on the HAL website description of NS amenities: "The bathroom comes with a dual-sink vanity and some suites have a shower-only option while others provide a full-size whirlpool bath and shower, and an additional shower stall. " Is there any resource that can tell which NS have the "shower-only option"?

3 hours ago, What was that? said:

I just noticed on the HAL website description of NS amenities: "The bathroom comes with a dual-sink vanity and some suites have a shower-only option while others provide a full-size whirlpool bath and shower, and an additional shower stall. " Is there any resource that can tell which NS have the "shower-only option"?

There is a little symbol on the deck plan that designates shower only.

See the little asterisk and shower only?  Look for that on the deck plans.

EC43D7BA-EFC8-451D-B5A4-AD564F09A143.thumb.png.d93a0697525f2c2e5428f292aee39977.png