Specialty dining with 3 people on Take All Free promo

pezie

Since the specialty dining is only covered for the first 2 guests, is it best to buy a dining package for the 3rd person or can we just have the 3rd person pay a la carte for an entree?

Are the sides sharable or served individually on each person's plate?  

We are considering Cagney's, La Cucina and Le Bistro on the Escape.

Thanks

Whether or not it is worth buying the dining package or paying a la carte depends on what you are ordering, although with current pricing the dining package will be cheaper unless you are just ordering a small amount.

If it is just an entree then it may be worth paying a la carte, but otherwise the package will very likely be cheaper.

You will probably be able to share sides (although per the T&Cs you shouldn't), but if the third person wants apps or desserts then you will be less likely to get away with it.

We travel as a three and I always buy the dining package for our son. If we bent the rules to avoid buying apps and desserts (which he doesn't always have anyway) then perhaps we could save a few dollars, but not enough to make it worth the messing around.

41 minutes ago, pezie said:

Since the specialty dining is only covered for the first 2 guests, is it best to buy a dining package for the 3rd person or can we just have the 3rd person pay a la carte for an entree?

Thanks

Everything is shareable. Once the food is brought to the table, the waiter is not going to monitor who eats it.

Depends on the restaurants you visit.  If the 3rd goes to all 3 with you and you do Le Bistro, Cagney's and La Cucina the costs of just entrees is going to get them close to what the package costs.  Getting the package will give that 3rd some flexibility to get the add-ons they want.

17 hours ago, pezie said:

Thanks

Buy a 3 meal SDP for the third person. Food purchased with an SDP should not be shared with non-SDP guests. 

I'm planning on purchasing the 3 meal sdp for my 19 year old daughter before our 1/19 sailing on Encore.

We're eating in probably the least expensive specialty dining restaurants but we don't want to have to think about it and my daughter likes to eat so having the meal package makes sense for us.

My only annoyance is that the price was approx. $20 less when I first booked the cruise and I foolishly waited, so I'll be paying the higher price. My mistake. I should know better.

Anyway, super excited for our sailing and to eat in what my family perceives as the "fun" restaurants.

okay.. thanks I see the benefit to the package so you have no worries.

I just had Jaime's Italian in my mind on RCCL where we had tons of food leftover.

And when we go to land restaurants we always split apps and desserts.

I have a follow-up question. Sorry to the OP for hijacking your thread! Do prices for the SDPs fluctuate? I’d like to buy a 3-night package for my 16yo DD, but the price seems high at $118 and it hasn’t budged. On RCCL prices change all the time, so it pays to check frequently!