Entourage Teen Club on Escape - did your teens enjoy?

DimSum

I will be sailing on the Escape on Thanksgiving Break with 2 teens (age 13).  Did your teens enjoy the club?  Is there alot to do?  My teens are hesistant about going but don't want to be around me 24/7.

TIA

1 hour ago, DimSum said:

I will be sailing on the Escape on Thanksgiving Break with 2 teens (age 13).  Did your teens enjoy the club?  Is there alot to do?  My teens are hesistant about going but don't want to be around me 24/7.

TIA

My teen son did enjoy Entourage on the Escape.  He has enjoyed Entourage on all the ships he has been old enough.  A lot of the times the kids would meet up at the club and stay or would go to the basketball court to shoot hoops.  With it being Thanksgiving week there will be a lot of teens onboard.  It’s always good going the first night to meet and make friends.

Have a great cruise!  We love the Escape!

• Like 1

Similar to post above:  my kids got Entourage wrist bands, but mostly used the club as a place to meet their newly made friends and head out for adventures elsewhere on the ship.   

You should have a conversation with your teens about your expectations.   I let my teens have some latitude because they could partner up: as long as they were with each other, I was OK with them not being with me.  

Entourage is definitely worth signing up for on the first day and sending them to the evening program that first night where they do activities to help them get to know each other.

• Like 1

Agree with the above 100%.  We didn't make our son sign up and go the first cruise we took (with him as a teen) and it was hard for him to meet people (he's an only child - happy to play basketball alone but always nice to have some friends around).  Subsequent cruises we "forced" him to go on night 1 and then it was basically used as a "meeting place" (unless they were doing anything particularly fun) and really made the cruise a much more enjoyable experience for him.  Even if they don't use it a lot it's definitely a good idea for them to sign up.

On 11/13/2019 at 3:30 PM, DimSum said:

TIA

I would love to see the dailies from the teen club if you dont mind sharing them when you return!

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a copy of the Teen Club Entourage Daily.

We did get to spend time together and he was there when he didn't want to do the stuff we were doing.

My 13yo loved it! 

Me not so much.  It is a parent free area so I couldn't go in to the club to get him when I needed him.  So I had to call into the club just to talk to him and have him come out.  Other than that part, he had a blasted and I didn't have to hear any whining that he was bored.

We did have conversations on expectations because they get to go in and out and some of the activities have them going all over the ship.  We also have to set curfews on when we expected him back in the cabin in the later evenings.

Overall it was good experience for all of us.

Entourage.pdf

• 2 months later...