World Cruise Segments

BobBranst

We are considering the possibility of taking world cruise segments from USA to Australia in 2021.   Can anyone give us an idea of when information and prices of the segments are posted once a world cruise has been announced?

The only ship doing USA to AUS as part of a world cruise in 2021 seems to be QV. The segments are available on the UK website, and in a brochure I've had for several weeks. ( I can't see the US website but worth trying the following links. They may re-direct you.

Fort Lauderdale to Sydney, 37 nights: www.cunard.com/v105a

San Francisco to Sydney, 21 nights: www.cunard.com/v106

Regards, Colin.

3 hours ago, daisybel said:

Dear Deck chair, I think you mean 2021, not 2001.

You were lucky to get a spot- not much left!

HI!!  Thank you Daiseybel!!  I did mean 2021 although 2001 would work too!!    I am very flexible.    To be clear, while I am on the NY to Hong Kong segment departing 2020,  I am not actually booked on this 2021 sailing just plan to do so.  Thank you for letting me know perhaps I need tobook now.   Thank you.

Deck Chair.z

BobBranst,

We booked the Ft. Lauderdale to San Francisco (via the Panama Canal) segment (V105) of this 2021 Queen Victoria world cruise a few months ago. When this segment was released a day early to World Club members we were on the phone to Cunard as soon as their offices opened in LA. By the afternoon of that same day, that segment was completely sold out and it still is. If you are seriously considering the SF-SYD segment, I would recommend booking it quickly if it is available. Of course there is always the possibly that spots will open up just before final payment is due.

Jack

28 minutes ago, Jack E Dawson said:

BobBranst,

We booked the Ft. Lauderdale to San Francisco (via the Panama Canal) segment (V105) of this 2021 Queen Victoria world cruise a few months ago. When this segment was released a day early to World Club members we were on the phone to Cunard as soon as their offices opened in LA. By the afternoon of that same day, that segment was completely sold out and it still is. If you are seriously considering the SF-SYD segment, I would recommend booking it quickly if it is available. Of course there is always the possibly that spots will open up just before final payment is due.

Jack

There was only one cabin category remaining on the SF-SYD leg last night when I looked. I think it was Britannia Balcony.

7 hours ago, LittleFish1976 said:

There was only one cabin category remaining on the SF-SYD leg last night when I looked. I think it was Britannia Balcony.

That's true, at the moment, but when booking world segments, always go to the actual world cruise first and look at the availability. 

Cabins for segments are released on an ad hoc basis. If you look at the QM2 2021 world cruise, cabins in all main categories, are available. If you look at QM2 2020 World Voyage, you'll see a few categories are sold out for the whole voyage so segments in certain categories will not be available unless booked passengers give back word.

Prospective passengers can either sit and wait for ''their'' cabin to be released or start nagging Cunard or cruise agent to sort something out.

Edited by Victoria2
added a bit

The OP did not mention the accommodation level being considered but a  check of Cunard on line  for V106 SF-SYD 2021 showed available PG  2  SI 13  DI  2   OV obsv  6  OV  8  BB pobsv  1  BB  18 .    Going the longer route, NY -SYD  sold out except for BB.  However, an option for the OP would be booking separately NY -SOU  which shows PG QG and Britannia Club available  and SOU-SYD showing all  levels available.

22 minutes ago, Burgee said:

The OP did not mention the accommodation level being considered but a  check of Cunard on line  for V106 SF-SYD 2021 showed available PG  2  SI 13  DI  2   OV obsv  6  OV  8  BB pobsv  1  BB  18 .    Going the longer route, NY -SYD  sold out except for BB.  However, an option for the OP would be booking separately NY -SOU  which shows PG QG and Britannia Club available  and SOU-SYD showing all  levels available.

If you look at the whole voyage, all the cabin categories are available. ''Sold Out'' seems to be the default Cunard phrase for not available, either at the moment or actually sold.

As I said previously, cabins are released on an ad hoc basis when Cunard decide it’s appropriate.