GTY booking question

emen822

My sisters and I booked a guarantee inside room for our cruise in February.  While checking the prices today (since final payment is just a few day away😁), I noticed the price for the GTY was now higher than "pick your own".  When I called, they said I wasn't able to switch to the pick my own room option.  She kept putting me on hold and I wasn't sure what the case was since this is our first GTY reservation.  But is that correct?  Just wondering if I should call back to get the additional discount.

Thanks for your help!

Mary

45 minutes ago, emen822 said:

My sisters and I booked a guarantee inside room for our cruise in February.  While checking the prices today (since final payment is just a few day away😁), I noticed the price for the GTY was now higher than "pick your own".  When I called, they said I wasn't able to switch to the pick my own room option.  She kept putting me on hold and I wasn't sure what the case was since this is our first GTY reservation.  But is that correct?  Just wondering if I should call back to get the additional discount.

Thanks for your help!

Mary

If you are past final payment date,  you should be able to switch, but you won't get any money back.

Also, if the price of that "pick your own" category is on the weekly sales flyer, then they might limit it to new bookings only.

22 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

No need for that, they can just reprice and GTY bookings are usually NRD.

But she has a GTY and wants to choose her cabin, and says the current price for GTY is more than choosing her cabin. What would they reprice it as?

When you are comparing prices are you,

Seeing the price you paid for the guarantee is more than what the pick your own is going for 

or

Are you seeing the current guarantee price more than the pick your own price.

The only price that matters is what you paid vs the current price of the category you want to change to. 

4 hours ago, emen822 said:

Thanks for your help!

Mary

Did you click all the way thru and it came up with rooms to select?  Maybe see if there are any you even want from what they are showing.  Sometimes it will show that can pick your room but next screen in and it goes to showing GTY.

14 minutes ago, emen822 said:

Thank you all for your help. After three calls we were able to get a price drop of about $150. We lost $50 obc but we also were able to pick out the room.  Final payment is due tomorrow! 

Mary 

Glad it worked out-sad that it took three tries😇