Anniversary Sale - WINE and Dine

cruising deacon

I recently booked a cruise with that sale as the promotion.  Does anyone have any idea how the actual WINE portion of the promotion actually works?

It mentions you get two vouchers when you board, each may be exchanged for any $32 bottle of wine.

†Wine and Dine offer refers to 2 FREE Bottles of Wine vouchers ($32 value each) per stateroom and guests must be 21 years of age or older. Non-alcoholic options are available. Bottle of Wine vouchers will be presented in stateroom on first day of voyage and are quoted in USD.

Looking at what I think is the current wine list, there are only 5 bottles at that price (over a hundred are higher prices), and I don't feel that any of those 5 varieties are drinkable (even free).

I am hoping that you can choose a better wine from the list and only have to pay the difference in price between it and $32.  Does anyone know for sure if that is possible?

2 hours ago, cruising deacon said:

It mentions you get two vouchers when you board, each may be exchanged for any $32 bottle of wine.

†Wine and Dine offer refers to 2 FREE Bottles of Wine vouchers ($32 value each) per stateroom and guests must be 21 years of age or older. Non-alcoholic options are available. Bottle of Wine vouchers will be presented in stateroom on first day of voyage and are quoted in USD.

Looking at what I think is the current wine list, there are only 5 bottles at that price (over a hundred are higher prices), and I don't feel that any of those 5 varieties are drinkable (even free).

I completely agree with the sentiment in your last sentence.  When I read about this promotion, I, too, wondered if the voucher could be used as a $32 credit towards the purchase of any wine.  I hope a definitive response gets posted, here.

I saw this on another thread about this topic:

"You get a voucher in your cabin, not an actual bottle of wine. Yes, you can choose a more expensive wine and the full price will show on your account followed by a $32 credit so you only pay the difference."

• Like 1

I agree with @Tedferg who is correct.  What happened to @memoak should not happen.  As the OP mentioned, there is almost nothing fitting the perk coupon (it should have been increased in price when the new wine list came in). 

We got a useless $13 photo "perk" for the first time on our just-completed cruise.  It is for a 6x8 photo, but once you get on-board, the photo team will tell you that you do not get any old photo made that size.  NO, not that.  All you can get are photos that they pre-print in 6x8 which are pretty much only the dumb embarkation and port disembarkation photos.  So you have to pay extra to get a table photo or one of the posed photos taken on-board as they are all 8x10.  And no option to swap for OBC.  Pretty useless "perk" - may as well be the cost of a 8x10 or just a waste.

In another thread we discussed whether on PBP you could pay the difference for a drink, usually wine, that is over $12. The consensus is that you can now do that, although T&C have not been updated on Princess site. I assume that the Anniversary wine at $32 shows  that $32 does not reflect the increased prices on new wine list. Left hands need to talk to Right hands !