Bidding for upgrade vs. Perks

I have never try to bid for an upgrade and might give it a shot to try to score a balcony for our cruise in February aboard the Summit.

we have booked our sail during the veteran sale so we have received the 4 perks plus OBC.

When biding, do I have a chance to lose the perks?  Or are they a given and safe.

Thank you for your advices!

57 minutes ago, mikkelhansen said:

If you win a MoveUp bid, you keep the perks you had before bidding, so you would keep all four perks.

I found the move up bids not worth the money. I think they keep some cabins aside just for bidding purposes.

1 minute ago, drakes2 said:

I found the move up bids not worth the money. I think they keep some cabins aside just for bidding purposes.

It depends.  Know your pricing.  I once moved from an inside to a balcony cabin for $300 or so.  That was well worth it.  You only earn the points that are assigned to your original cabin, however.  So if points are important to you, pay attention to that.

4 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

It depends.  Know your pricing.  I once moved from an inside to a balcony cabin for $300 or so.  That was well worth it.  You only earn the points that are assigned to your original cabin, however.  So if points are important to you, pay attention to that.

If you bid and get an Aqua Class, do you get the perks that come with AQ?

13 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

If its $300 in total I would do it for a cruise of 10 days or longer. In most cases I cruise solo so to pay another $600 for a balcony cabin for me is absurd as I spend all my time on sea days out by the pool. I did notice, however, that Celebrity is now transitioning to smaller balcony tables which makes it impossible to enjoy breakfast outside.