carnival sunrise

patty123

Hello everyone can anyone tell me if they cruised the sunrise and if so what was there feed back on this cruise. I also I am a little nervies   bc I booked a room I think it above  lido I called corporate for carnival they told me there has never been any complaints .I am offered rooms near the elevators  but could that be worse hearing noise. Please let me know I booked 2 rooms I don't want ppl hating me for booking this cruise  Thanks   

I was on Sunrise 3 weeks ago. The ship decor is beautiful and the staff is super friendly. The buffet area always had tables available but was extremely warm. The areas near the doors are very narrow because the drink machines are just inside. It’s a one way line when someone is standing there. If your cabin in “above” Lido, it will be over other cabins. If it’s below, you will hear some noise early if deck chairs are being moved. Cabins near the elevators will be quiet but the drunks on their way back after a night out will not be. You’ll have a great time because who’s in their cabin that much anyway! Enjoy

• Like 2

On 11/21/2019 at 5:52 AM, patty123 said:

Hello everyone can anyone tell me if they cruised the sunrise and if so what was there feed back on this cruise. I also I am a little nervies   bc I booked a room I think it above  lido I called corporate for carnival they told me there has never been any complaints .I am offered rooms near the elevators  but could that be worse hearing noise. Please let me know I booked 2 rooms I don't want ppl hating me for booking this cruise  Thanks   

Never received ony complaints because they do not read them, they go staight to file 13.

• Like 1

I wrote a review about my great experience a few weeks ago. I’d opt for something near the elevators as the rooms are closed off from the elevator lobbies. There’s several websites, including carnivals own that allow you to see the deck plans and determine what’s above, below and next to your cabin. 

019E11BDE07846AD820C4020F412FB0E.ashx

Sailed on the Sunrise last month and had a great time. Ship was beautiful, crew was great, entertainment was great. The playlist shows were wonderful, especially Soul Bound, make sure you catch it. There are a few tight areas getting past Guys burgers and Blue Iguana Cantina, the best way to avoid that is to walk between the tables through there instead of by the drink machine. Don't miss Guys BBQ up a deck from Lido. It's a little out of the way so you need to hunt out on embarkation day or a sea day! You will have a great cruise!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 11/23/2019 at 11:31 AM, Darwal said:

Just off the Sunrise on Thursday.  what room #’s are you looking at, that would help us to help you.

Hello I hope you had a great cruise we are 8304 I also would like to know there are 6 of us we got 2 cabins  3 in each how would you place the beds king or 2 double   

Hi everyone , I just booked my Carnival Sunrise 9 day cruise for July 6th 2020 to the 15th leaving from New York today🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾!My last cruise was in 2017. So long over due! I was looking through a lot of different websites to find out a lot of the pros and cons to this cruise ship and of course there are a lot of positives but the same negatives I do hear are that the ship added more cabins since it’s refurbishment, so longer lines and crowds everywhere. Im gonna get that regardless I think . Being a good sport and rolling with a great attitude should do. Any advice anyone ?

1 hour ago, Hoops_Baller said:

For anyone that has recently been on the Sunrise, were they treating the aft pool as adults only?  

There is no adult only pool on the Sunrise, either recently or when she first sailed.  

Thanks Jim.  I knew that, but someone posted that on their cruise they were treating the aft pool as if it were an adult pool.  I had never heard of that (nor what it really meant, like were there signs or something) and was trying to confirm the validity.  It looks like this will be a nice area regardless.

It could have been the LIberty they were writing about in regards to the aft pool.  I was on the recent  Liberty Christmas cruise and the lifeguards were very consistent on only allowing 18+  to use  the aft pool and two hot tubs.  When it was questionable , the lifeguard walk ed over to them and asked their age. 

This is a pic of Carnival Sunrise (if I remember correctly)  in Nassau as we were leaving on the morning of the 26th    

DSCN9419.JPG

19 minutes ago, B and B Rookie Cannucks said:

Can someone tell me were is the anytime dining room ? Midship or Aft also is it on both levels of that dining room

thanks!

The anytime dining room is the Sunshine dining room aft.😎

On 12/31/2019 at 1:43 AM, Nfeather21 said:

Hi everyone , I just booked my Carnival Sunrise 9 day cruise for July 6th 2020 to the 15th leaving from New York today🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾!My last cruise was in 2017. So long over due! I was looking through a lot of different websites to find out a lot of the pros and cons to this cruise ship and of course there are a lot of positives but the same negatives I do hear are that the ship added more cabins since it’s refurbishment, so longer lines and crowds everywhere. Im gonna get that regardless I think . Being a good sport and rolling with a great attitude should do. Any advice anyone ?

We booked this same itinerary leaving on August 17th.  I am not at all worried about the negative reviews. I've never had a bad cruise and many times the bad reviews are overblown. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hoops_Baller said:

Thanks Jim.  I knew that, but someone posted that on their cruise they were treating the aft pool as if it were an adult pool.  I had never heard of that (nor what it really meant, like were there signs or something) and was trying to confirm the validity.  It looks like this will be a nice area regardless.

It is