Back to Back Cruises

Pension3X

I am currently booked on a 7 day out of San Pedro on 12/21. I now  have the opportunity to take the same ship out of LA on 12/14. I cannot get the same room on both cruises. Would I have to treat this as two separate cruises (i.e. pack my bags, go thru customs, wait for boarding etc.) or would they allow me to transfer my belongings from one room to another? I am a Platinum if that helps at all.

The reason I ask is that I just had back surgery and will be in recuperation phase and want to make the trip as stressless as possible.

Any information would be helpful and thanks. I am grateful to be taking just the one cruise but since the opportunity exists.... 

9 minutes ago, Pension3X said:

I am currently booked on a 7 day out of San Pedro on 12/21. I now  have the opportunity to take the same ship out of LA on 12/14. I cannot get the same room on both cruises. Would I have to treat this as two separate cruises (i.e. pack my bags, go thru customs, wait for boarding etc.) or would they allow me to transfer my belongings from one room to another? I am a Platinum if that helps at all.

The reason I ask is that I just had back surgery and will be in recuperation phase and want to make the trip as stressless as possible.

Any information would be helpful and thanks. I am grateful to be taking just the one cruise but since the opportunity exists.... 

Upon meeting your cabin steward on the first cruise tell him that you will be staying aboard for the following cruise but will be changing cabins.  The steward will co-ordinate with the steward of the cabin you are moving to and get your stuff moved.

Leave anything you have on hangers on the hangers but pack all your other stuff in your luggage for ease of movement.

Don't forget to empty the safe before you move.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Pension3X said:

Regardless of whether you stay in the same cabin or move for the next cruise - you will have to go through immigration on your turnaround day, it's a US requirement and has nothing to do with staying in the same cabin, etc.

You will not have to pack up, take luggage off, etc.  The room stewards will move your belongings for you. Leave hanging items hanging, pack up drawers abd loose stuff in luggage and leave on your bed, the movers will move it all for you. Keep valuables, meds, etc with you 

It will likely be a quick off, clear and back on, maybe half hour to hour at most (assuming everyone follows directions), then youre back aboard and in new cabin. You'll get your new cruise card/Medallion the day before.   Usually no second muster drill, etc. 

Enjoy.

Along with what nuke said above...we usually find the steward for our next cabin (toward the end of the first cruise) and introduce ourselves.

You'll receive instructions for the 2nd cruise a couple of days before the end of cruise #1. FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY.

You may be able to put your stuff from the safe into your new cabin's safe before you get off for the walk through the terminal to reboard (don't forget your passports). That will likely depend on how quickly the previous occupants clear out.

We have been on b2b where we never actually left the ship.  Our instructions had us meet in the theatre at 9:30.  We scanned into the theatre which in turn scanned us off the ship.  Customs came on board and as we left the theatre they checked our passports and we scanned back onto the ship as we left.  It all took less then a half hour after we finally got all passengers to come to the theatre.

2 hours ago, famski740 said:

We have been on b2b where we never actually left the ship.  Our instructions had us meet in the theater at 9:30.  We scanned into the theater which in turn scanned us off the ship.  Customs came on board and as we left the theater they checked our passports and we scanned back onto the ship as we left.  It all took less then a half hour after we finally got all passengers to come to the theater.

That's the hard part.:classic_blink:

Here is some information:

Back to Back Turn Around in San Pedro

There will be instructions delivered to your cabin. Be sure to fully read and follow the instructions exactly for turn around day.

You will have two choices:
a) Exit the ship anytime after disembarkation has begun up to the final call around 9:30/10:00am. Take your passport, cruise card(s) and intransit card with you. Return to the ship anytime after embarkation has begun, around 11:30am. With the intransit card you will get right on the ship. You will have to go through immigration on exit and security when you return.

b) Stay on the ship and report NO LATER THAN THE TIME INDICATED to the location indicated in the directions, usually the theater. Bring your passport and cruise card(s) with you. If you stay on the ship you must report, NO EXCEPTIONS. A staff member will guide you Off the ship, through immigration and back on board.

You do not have to go to a second muster drill.

If you are staying in the same cabin your cabin steward will prepare your cabin just like any other day. Nothing is removed. We normally advise the cabin steward to schedule our cabin last to provide more time to get cabins ready for the new passengers. Just a courtesy.

If you are changing cabins discuss with your cabin steward prior to turn around day. The cabin steward will arrange to move your belongings to the new cabin. Place as much on hangers as possible. They will be moved on hangers and hung in your new cabin. Other belongings should be placed in your suitcases for the move. You may wish to visit your new cabin steward before the move. You may also be able to place your valuables into the new cabin’s safe.

45 minutes ago, skynight said:

Here is some information:

Back to Back Turn Around in San Pedro

There will be instructions delivered to your cabin. Be sure to fully read and follow the instructions exactly for turn around day.

You will have two choices:
a) Exit the ship anytime after disembarkation has begun up to the final call around 9:30/10:00am. Take your passport, cruise card(s) and intransit card with you. Return to the ship anytime after embarkation has begun, around 11:30am. With the intransit card you will get right on the ship. You will have to go through immigration on exit and security when you return.

b) Stay on the ship and report NO LATER THAN THE TIME INDICATED to the location indicated in the directions, usually the theater. Bring your passport and cruise card(s) with you. If you stay on the ship you must report, NO EXCEPTIONS. A staff member will guide you Off the ship, through immigration and back on board.

You do not have to go to a second muster drill.

If you are staying in the same cabin your cabin steward will prepare your cabin just like any other day. Nothing is removed. We normally advise the cabin steward to schedule our cabin last to provide more time to get cabins ready for the new passengers. Just a courtesy.

If you are changing cabins discuss with your cabin steward prior to turn around day. The cabin steward will arrange to move your belongings to the new cabin. Place as much on hangers as possible. They will be moved on hangers and hung in your new cabin. Other belongings should be placed in your suitcases for the move. You may wish to visit your new cabin steward before the move. You may also be able to place your valuables into the new cabin’s safe.

Thank you for posting.   My DW and I will be doing a B2B in Jan. on the Star out of San Pedro.

We did a back to back on Royal out of San Pedro in September.  The process couldn't really have been easier, just one snag (I'll get to that).

We received instructions that were very clear.  Meet a certain location at exactly X time.  We got there about 15 minutes before and found about 60 other back to backer's waiting with us.  

One of the ships officers had control of us for the entire process.  Once the customs hall was fully empty we were walked off directly to US Immigrations.  

We were then walked back through port security for prescreening, this took a bit of time since newly boarding passengers were also being screened (no separation).

We were gathered near (but not in) the Elite lounge for perhaps 10 minutes.  Then the officer said "okay, let's get you back on".  That's when the snag hit.  One of the Elites watching for any sign of boarding rushed the door, 3 wheel bags in tow, shouting "I'm Elite, I'm Elite . . . .".  He forced his way to the front (and I do mean FORCED) but was stopped from boarding by port security There's one in every crowd right?  

Aside from the rude gentleman, the process was well organized and painless.  From the time we stepped into the lounge to wait, until the time we were back onboard was 50 minutes.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jondfk said:

That's when the snag hit.  One of the Elites watching for any sign of boarding rushed the door, 3 wheel bags in tow, shouting "I'm Elite, I'm Elite . . . .".  He forced his way to the front (and I do mean FORCED) but was stopped from boarding by port security There's one in every crowd right?  

Aside from the rude gentleman, the process was well organized and painless.  From the time we stepped into the lounge to wait, until the time we were back onboard was 50 minutes.  

:classic_laugh::classic_laugh:Thanks for my daily laugh.:classic_love: