Carnival Email Re: Parking at Long Beach

Ak4n3

No.  Nothing to do with a specific ship in the port.  This has been going on for years.  

Carnival rents from the Port Authority, which owns the parking garage... and has other venues ( concerts, etc. ) at the port.  Those venues get priority to park in the parking structure.  Carnival passengers are stuck with parking off-site during these venues.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, WNcruiser said:

That is addressed specifically for Imagination. I am guessing with Panorama being so much larger they are expecting the garage to be full now? 

I hope someone sailing on the Inspiration would chime in if they received the same email.    I also sail on  the Panorama in January and I'm getting really anxious about the parking situation.  I received no email advisory for that sailing  though.

Just now, Ak4n3 said:

I hope someone sailing on the Inspiration would chime in if they received the same email.    I also sail on  the Panorama in January and I'm getting really anxious about the parking situation.  I received no email advisory for that sailing  though.

It looks like you are LA metro according to your info? I would just Uber/Lyft and not worry about parking. Or even Super Shuttle or limo? If you live too far from the cruise terminal, could you park at a friend or family member's place?  Any chance not to drive yourself is less stressful. 

• Like 1

I stand corrected ( correcting myself...  😂   )… did some more sleuthing...

There will be construction at the cruise terminal to support the new Panorama.  They will be dredging the port 6 feet deeper and there will be Parking Garage Expansion.  The project would expand the existing parking garage from 1,430 parking spaces to approximately 2,055 parking spaces.

So, it sounds like it will affect all parking during that timeframe.

Read here:  http://www.longbeach.gov/globalassets/lbds/media-library/documents/planning/environmental/environmental-reports/pending/long-beach-cruise-terminal-improvement-project/lb-cruise-terminal-improvement-project_june-2019

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

I stand corrected ( correcting myself...  😂   )… did some more sleuthing...

There will be construction at the cruise terminal to support the new Panorama.  They will be dredging the port 6 feet deeper and there will be Parking Garage Expansion.  The project would expand the existing parking garage from 1,430 parking spaces to approximately 2,055 parking spaces.

So, it sounds like it will affect all parking during that timeframe.

Read here:  http://www.longbeach.gov/globalassets/lbds/media-library/documents/planning/environmental/environmental-reports/pending/long-beach-cruise-terminal-improvement-project/lb-cruise-terminal-improvement-project_june-2019

Awesome detective work...now if only this had happened sooner....Oh well, maybe that would mean parking will be affected for every sailing and not just the specific ship.  We'll play it by ear again.  It's easy enough to park at the off site lot then grab the free shuttle or uber if one is so inclined.

39 minutes ago, Ak4n3 said:

Awesome detective work...now if only this had happened sooner....Oh well, maybe that would mean parking will be affected for every sailing and not just the specific ship.  We'll play it by ear again.  It's easy enough to park at the off site lot then grab the free shuttle or uber if one is so inclined.

Not sure of the impact on parking but there is also construction for the new entertainment complex around the Queen Mary.

Edited by skrufy
Addition

12 minutes ago, EarloftheSeas said:

I'm sailing on Inspiration 12/16/19 and have not received this email......so far!

Thanks for the info.  Hope you'll be able to let us know what the parking situation looks like at the Long Beach terminal when you get back.  I have a feeling that the parking admins are trying to move the passengers for the specific ship to another parking lot to mitigate the expected parking issues the Panorama plus the construction might bring (just guessing).

Happy sailing!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ak4n3 said:

Thanks for the info.  Hope you'll be able to let us know what the parking situation looks like at the Long Beach terminal when you get back.  I have a feeling that the parking admins are trying to move the passengers for the specific ship to another parking lot to mitigate the expected parking issues the Panorama plus the construction might bring (just guessing).

Happy sailing!

Thank you!!  I will report back when I return.  

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, TOMTOMRN331 said:

We are sailing Imagination on 12/1/2019 and I did not receive this email. 

I am now debating about changing my parking location based on the posted letter.

The email specifies December 8th to June 28th. I assume that’s why you didn’t get one.

Bob

39 minutes ago, cmptrwiz said:

It’s kind of odd to me, because the people who own the parking garage have know the Panorama is coming to town for almost 2 years.  Maybe they should of been making changes 6 months ago.

This project actually started August, 2015 -- over 4 years ago.  Please see the 'Executive Summary' section of the document ( link ) below.  Section 1.0 Introduction speaks to the proposed parking structure improvements.    

http://www.longbeach.gov/globalassets/lbds/media-library/documents/planning/environmental/environmental-reports/pending/long-beach-cruise-terminal-improvement-project/appendix-c_cultural_aug2019

3 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

This project actually started August, 2015 -- over 4 years ago.  Please see the 'Executive Summary' section of the document ( link ) below.  Section 1.0 Introduction speaks to the proposed parking structure improvements.    

http://www.longbeach.gov/globalassets/lbds/media-library/documents/planning/environmental/environmental-reports/pending/long-beach-cruise-terminal-improvement-project/appendix-c_cultural_aug2019

Wow my mistake.  Who knew.  I forgot it takes a while to get the “Governmental” ball rolling.

On 11/22/2019 at 10:50 PM, TOMTOMRN331 said:

We are sailing Imagination on 12/1/2019 and I did not receive this email. 

I am now debating about changing my parking location based on the posted letter.

The letter says the December 8, 2019 - June 28, 2020 Imagination sailings would be affected.