Has anyone been to Port Louis, Mauritius??

Kiwi_cruiser

This is "B Side" type of port, so IMHO have the right kind of expectations....But, we had a great half day with this tour 

https://mymoris.mu/en/history-and-street-food-tour-Port-Louis

The tour guides are wonderful, the walk through old town interesting, and the food is GREAT.  You we truly see stuff not on a regular ship's tour.  

You will also find taxi's for hire dockside, but glad we did the my moris tour instead.  

DSC05054.JPG

I spent 4 days on Mauritius a couple of years ago. I did go to Port Louis, but the highlights of my trip were:

Scuba diving

Seeing the Chamaral waterfall/7 colored earth (it made the background for my login screen recently!)

Ile de Aigrettes- I actually saw wild tortoises.  I had never seen them before- including in the Galapagos

Pamplemousses Botanical Garden (closest to Port Louis)

St Aubin Rum Factory.

I drove myself all over the island- it's a bit chaotic but possible.  I don't quite know what you're into, but 1-2 of those could be done in a shore excursion visit. I might pick 1, and then if there's another close by add the 2nd.  

We had a day there before leaving a ship a couple of years back, though tbh we spent the morning in a local clinic having Xrays after I fell just before the ship left Reunion the day before.  No broken bones but only had a long afternoon left.  We went out into the city intending to have a meal ashore to make up for the lost time, but we were not at all impressed so returned to the ship instead.

Hence I suggest you think carefully about what you plan to do there, I had looked it up, but thought it would be more interesting than we found.  May be best to do a trip get a taxi to somewhere.

Edited by tring

• 2 weeks later...