Room decorations, are they worth it?

dogtaur

I purchased the decorating package from Carnival and a cake twice.  The cake was dry and tasteless, the decorations looked cheap and, as gravity took over, all the decorations that were draped across the room on the ceiling started to droop and by the third day, we pulled them all down because we couldn't walk around in the room without running into and trying to dodge the streamers brushing across our face. 

I ordered the decorations and cake one more time just because it is convenient but with the same terrible results.  No strike three for me, we never did it again.  Too pricey, too cheap looking, terrible cake.  

We ordered a small cake to be served after dinner to my sister in the main dining room and the cake was at least fresh and soft.  We also decorated my sister's door and she loved it.

It's one of the age-old questions: "Is it worth paying another company to do something that I can do for cheaper?"

The answer usually lies in either do you want to take the time to do it and/or will they do it better?

If you do it yourself, it is less of a surprise factor unless you can sneak away.

Only the OP can decide if decorating the room via Carnival is worth it.  May want to visit the party shop on land before the cruise and get stuff to adorn or celebrate an occasion, or want to avoid the DIY and pay Carnival for the service.  The OP didn't hint at what they might prefer.