1st time Alaska

sioutpost

If you need help with oxygen supplies you will find this info helpful:

Oxygen

The ship is not equipped to provide guests with these services other than on an emergency basis in the Ship's Medical Center. For security and safety reasons, we have selected Scootaround as the only outside vendors that we will permit to deliver oxygen supplies to the ship. We believe they will meet your on board respiratory needs:

Scootaround

Phone: (toll-free) 888-441-7575 or 204-982-0657

Fax: 204-478-1172

www.scootaround.com

You are also welcome, however, to bring your own oxygen and/or oxygen equipment from your home. Please contact the Access & Compliance Department prior to sailing if you will require oxygen while on your cruise. Please note that liquid oxygen is not permitted on any Norwegian Cruise Line vessel.

For the safety and security of everyone, oxygen and/or oxygen equipment deliveries will not be accepted from any other company other than Scootaround.

https://www.ncl.com/about/accessible-cruising

Alaska in June was our first cruise, 22 cruises ago.  I just looked at the NCL schedule.  Looks like the Sun does the small ship Seattle round trips.  We're a senior couple also.  I'd definitely recommend the Sun over the mega ships that are doing that run also.  I see the Jewel on the schedule but looks like she is doing the one way cruises.  We really like both of those ships and the Sun has super nice mini suites.  However, their popularity was eventually recognized and their prices are higher than they used to be.  The Sun is small enough to easily get around her and she has a much more personal feel that the Megas don't.  I say, Sun and a mini suite.  Can't go wrong.  The weather, you never know.  Early June can be cool, drizzly or warm and sunny.  We've done that cruise twice and had one of each.  

Edited by roger001