Mikeygp

@Mikeygp  Howdy! emo22.gif

Thank you for your post on the Ask a Cruise Question forum! 👍 

Since your inquiry concerns your cruise on a particular cruise line, I have moved your thread to the Marella Cruises (formerly Thomson) forum where it will be on-topic. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that have or are going to sail Marella frequent this forum and hopefully will be able to help you. In addition to the link LHT28 mentions, you might want to browse the Ports Of Call - Caribbean forums for the ports you will have during your cruise.

Please feel free to browse Cruise Critic Community. Read a few threads in various forums to get a feel for what each forum is about. Make sure you read any pinned threads on the top of the first page of threads in a forum. You will find very important instructions or information there.

Anytime you want to start a new thread on any forum, make sure you are on the correct forum for your topic. Word your new thread title in a way to help the members know exactly the information you seek. This greatly helps the members that know the information so they will reply to you. It is best to limit each inquiry to only one topic or concerning one cruise line, ship, port of call, etc. and of course, on the correct forum. emo3.gif  You will get more replies that way. Be sure to mention your cruise line, ship, port or sail date in your inquiry if it will help the members with their answers.

And don't forget, after your cruise be sure to go to our Member Cruise Reviews section and submit your review for publication!

I sincerely hope this will be satisfactory and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

I am doing a Caribbean cruise in February and just been to my GP for advice.  It does depend on which islands you are visiting, but in general you just need to make sure you are up to date with your Tetanus, Polio and Diphtheria vaccinations.  For info, I had to have these and it is now administered in one injection.  It is also advisable to have had the flu jab.

Hi Mikey, you will have a great holiday. The Caribbean is the easiest place for DIY trips and so much cheaper than the ship trips.  Have a look under the Ports of Call section on CC and you will find loads of info, otherwise there are plenty of people on here that can help with any queries you may have. 

1 hour ago, Mikeygp said:

Thanks for your reply.

Any thing we should take especially for a Caribbean Cruise?

Have been  on a Baltic one, but thinking the Caribbean could be much different.

Snorkel etc.

TIA.

Mike. 

Depends where you are going, we have been to Bonaire where the snorkeling is great. We just took a cheap snorkel with us and had a great time

If you are going to Guadeloupe or Martinique they use euros, otherwise take dollars.