BirdTravels on the Inaugural Voyage of the Encore to the Eastern Caribbean

BirdTravels

50 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

Thanks again for providing both pics and commentary to your review.

Please continue to update us on how crowded the pool deck (16) and the deck overlooking the pool (17) gets on sea days.

I'm beginning to get cautiously optimistic that my group (only 3 of us) will not have any big problems lounging up on deck 17 on sea days, as we're accustomed to doing on all of our cruises. Like many on these forums, I was worried about how things would work out with Spice and the free sundeck space on 19 being eliminated. I'm an early riser who goes to the gym when it opens and is usually up on deck by around 7:30am finding my spot for the day, soaking in the whirlpool and deciding when to have my first bloody mary. I've gone back and forth over the past months thinking of attempting to get Vibe passes, but I've definitely decided against it now.

We are unaffected by the crowds on sea days and my wife is a notorious people watcher/listener so she enjoys herself regardless. Lol.

Anyway, thanks again and enjoy yourself.

Thanks for the pics. Curious what the lines are like for the water slides.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

We saw Choir of Man on the Escape in the supper club in July, 2018, and it was the best, most fun show we've seen on a cruise ship.

I knew they changed the set and probably the show for Encore, so we are super excited to see it again in January.

We saw it on my wife's birthday on Escape and she was brought up on stage and serenaded to and so was my niece when they did the Pina Colada song. Great fun and great memories. 

We're booked for this show on the Encore for its 1/19 sailing. Sounds like a great show.

12 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Don’t miss Choir of Man. Even if you have seen it on other ships like the Escape, this is an all new production using a two-story set with a live band. And don’t forget to show up early and have a pint of beer with the cast members on stage.

5F45DE55-4865-48E2-9B0B-5F0A1CFFE413.jpeg

C1AAC898-A4EC-4AF4-BA26-55B0AA657E14.jpeg

F6C47D4E-B851-4457-ADE6-C537487F2C6E.jpeg

Thanks so much for this review.  I'm booked on the Dec 15 sailing and can't wait!  Have heard Choir of Ma

12 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Don’t miss Choir of Man. Even if you have seen it on other ships like the Escape, this is an all new production using a two-story set with a live band. And don’t forget to show up early and have a pint of beer with the cast members on stage.

5F45DE55-4865-48E2-9B0B-5F0A1CFFE413.jpeg

C1AAC898-A4EC-4AF4-BA26-55B0AA657E14.jpeg

F6C47D4E-B851-4457-ADE6-C537487F2C6E.jpeg

Thanks so much for posting the great review!  I'm booked in the Haven on the Dec 15 cruise and can't wait!  Have heard great things about Choir of Man and will probably see them more than once!  The Dailies and Menus you are posted are VERY helpful and much appreciated.  Looking forward to the rest of the review!

20 hours ago, iguss said:

Great pics! Any sign of shuffleboard being added?

No shuffleboard. It is normally on Deck 7. But, on the Encore, Joy, and Bliss, lifeboats are stowed inboard so they ships can transit the Canal. So, the inside of Deck 7 is narrower and there is no deck space for shuffleboard. 

On 11/24/2019 at 5:18 PM, Cruising Latitude said:

On this ship!  We are moving!   

When we arrived at the port we were directed by deck number: odd number deck cabins go on terminal B and even deck cabins use terminal C. 

Thanks so much for this info. We are booked on deck 15 and edocs say terminal C. I’m gonna head to terminal B. You and BirdTravels are a wealth of info. Thanks for your input. 😎

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, dutch50 said:

Thanks so much for this info. We are booked on deck 15 and edocs say terminal C. I’m gonna head to terminal B. You and BirdTravels are a wealth of info. Thanks for your input. 😎

This week, odd decks and Haven at B. Can’t tell you what huge are going to do next week. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Deeliteful said:

Could you let me know if you can, is a flight of drinks (as in Mojito) available if you have upgraded your drinks package?

thanks for the review

Flights are 40% off with the Premium Plus Beverage Package, iirc.

Edited by JamieLogical

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

So, the inside of Deck 7 is narrower and there is no deck space for shuffleboard. 

Bird, is there still a Deck 7 Promenade, with (obstructed) views? I was wondering whether this was still a passenger-accessible space on these newer ships.

@KarlChilders and @Deeliteful they are all great! The Jalapeno one may actually be my favorite. The coconut one is probably my least favorite because it's so sweet, but there's not a bad one among them.

I always thought that was silly - beverage package holders have to pay for the flight, but can get them all as full-sizes for free? I just stopped by Sugarcane for my "mojito of the day" each day of my last Escape cruise.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, dcipjr said:

Bird, is there still a Deck 7 Promenade, with (obstructed) views? I was wondering whether this was still a passenger-accessible space on these newer ships.

It is still passenger accessible. You can walk “around” the ship by cutting through the forward and aft elevator lobbies. It is a nicer view to walk around the waterfront one deck up. 

• Like 1

BirdTravels: 

GREAT review and photos!! I was on the Encore TA and loved it.

Tip: Q Smokehouse has the BEST crab cakes (as appetizer) we've ever tasted. Forget the Pitsmaster Platter (too dry), but the beef brisket is good. Our fave was Le Bistro - their filet steak was excellent. Cagney's lamb chops was great.

ENJOY the remainder of your cruise!

Edited by bluesea777