Hampton-Brickell vs. Intercontinental-Miami

cruisemama2011

You won't go wrong with either. I see everyone talking about location, but unless you have an issue walking we are talking about a 10-12 min walk between the two areas. Everything near the Hampton is walking distance to the IC and everything near the IC is walking distance or even easier the Brickell loop metromover to the Hampton. 

IC is a full service hotel and the Hampton is not. But free breakfast, a better location for dinning and cancellation rate is pretty good. I have never heard anyone complain about the Hampton Brickell, by far IMO the most popular Miami pre-cruise hotel. 

On 12/1/2019 at 7:38 AM, Host CJSKIDS said:

Wait to you see it this year.  Lots of new buildings open/to be built.  

Lot's of new restaurants and things which is why I suggested the Brickell area over Intercontinental even though that hotel is a nicer one.  Within the next month or so, a whole new riverfront area will be open with some restaurants and a small brew pub. It's temporary but it should be really fun. Mary Brickell village is finishing up their renovations. 

As an aside....

Perricones has rented space over by American Social and is doing delivery/pickup as well as catering. Not the same as you say, but the food is still the same.  Permitting issues were a hold up the new one.  Us locals are starting to wonder if Steve isn't going to open again.  (Brenda who was one of the bartenders at Perricones is over at Toscana Divino if you knew her.)

Carolyn, I just called Perricone's and they won't be open when we are in-town. They now say January(sh), February(sh).  I guess I should have asked her what year.  LOL.

Question...Where is the new Riverfront area that you mentioned.  You mentioned temporary do you know around when it opens and for how long.  If open when we are visiting would love to check it out.

Many thanks,

Keith

4 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Carolyn, I just called Perricone's and they won't be open when we are in-town. They now say January(sh), February(sh).  I guess I should have asked her what year.  LOL.

Question...Where is the new Riverfront area that you mentioned.  You mentioned temporary do you know around when it opens and for how long.  If open when we are visiting would love to check it out.

Many thanks,

Keith

the riverfront is over north of brickell city center right on the river. It’s been armory lit. 

There is a lot of progress but we don’t have word when it is opening. Miami time means always late. 
I will let you know. 

Edited by Host CJSKIDS

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/30/2019 at 2:05 AM, Keith1010 said:

At least for now stick with the Hampton.  Why?

Lots of risk with a booking that you cannot cancel.  

Putting that aside as CruiserBruce notes Hampton Inn is one of the nicest of the properties.

All rooms are pretty much the same other than size.

Same is not true for Intercontinental.

Like most things in life they each have pluses and negatives and some of those is personal.

Hampton Inn is not a full service hotel but keep in mind breakfast will be included as will wine each night.  Location is nice as it is in a quite area of town and you will be near lots of restaurants and shopping and it is easy to get to other areas.

Intercontinental is a full service hotel.  It will be busy in the lobby area.  Beautiful lobby but it is a large hotel.  Location nice in terms of being near the port.  Some restaurants.  Nice views.  I doubt for the same price breakfast is included.  

To me the deal breaker is the inability to cancel without losing your full payment.  

Keith

Does anyone know if I can get the Hampton Inn through Priceline or Hotwire and if so what area would I bid?