Chef's table on the Reflection

Mapomp

Has anyone recently done a chef's table on the Reflection?  Two questions....First, what is the menu, and second, is it really possible to use your drink package for the wine?  I'd like to prebook it for our January cruise, but not if I can't include my included wine.

Thanks,

MA

The menu Nov 1st on the Reflection TA.  $139 w/o wine, $199 with the wine pairing.  Have no idea about using your drink package, which I had BTW.  It's a wine PAIRING and none of the wines were on any drink package.  At my dinner, everyone selected the pairing.  The short rib was the best I've ever tasted, better than the filet.

20191101_191753.jpg

Edited by goofysmom99

Here are the paired wines from my dinner.  After the dinner, you receive the menus, a photo, and the world's heaviest Daniel Boulud cookbook (I swear it was 10#).

Liked all but the third wine.  It was good but I wouldn't have ordered it again.  That was was also the consensus of the table.  The Opulence was very good.

20191101_191821.thumb.jpg.4eb40910b79abe79fd044cbf363ea00f.jpg

20 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

The menu Nov 1st on the Reflection TA.  $139 w/o wine, $199 with the wine pairing.  Have no idea about using your drink package, which I had BTW.  It's a wine PAIRING and none of the wines were on any drink package.  At my dinner, everyone selected the pairing.  The short rib was the best I've ever tasted, better than the filet.

20191101_191753.jpg

Was Murano the location for the dinner?  What time did it start?

5 hours ago, Mapomp said:

Thanks you.  I understand the whole pairing thing, but I prefer to drink what I like.  

Just checked with someone onboard.  The $199 is with wine; the $139 is for people who do not drink.  So I guess you're out of luck.  You can simply book Murano and use your package.

2 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

Was Murano the location for the dinner?  What time did it start?

It was in the private room in Murano.  I took the photo of the menu at 7:17 PM so I think we met in the Wine Cellar at 6:30.  Had champagne and canapes, met the chef, then took a tour of the kitchens with the chef.  Riding up to Murano kitchen from MDR kitchen in the food elevator was entertaining.  Then we entered Murano from their kitchen.  Outstanding tour.  I returned the cookbook to the Murano maitre d' the next day; didn't want to seem ungrateful after the dinner and in front of the others.  No way I wanted to lug a 10# cookbook home which I'd never use.  

You cannot use the beverage package on the Chef's table.  The menu is by Daniel Boulud and is not a good as the menu by the head chef on previous cruises. I agree the Short Rib is superb along with the Mushroom Risotto. The wines are so-so depending on your taste. Prior to the menu by Daniel Boulud the chef's table was $378 including the wine paring now it is $398. The cook book is the new version with the Daniel Boulud recipes. We left our book for our butler. Many of the books end up in the ship library. We have done the chef's table on every cruise that we have taken, but I don't thing we will do it again until they get rid of the Daniel Boulud menu.

15 minutes ago, tanzania2015 said:

You cannot use the beverage package on the Chef's table.  The menu is by Daniel Boulud and is not a good as the menu by the head chef on previous cruises. I agree the Short Rib is superb along with the Mushroom Risotto. The wines are so-so depending on your taste. Prior to the menu by Daniel Boulud the chef's table was $378 including the wine paring now it is $398. The cook book is the new version with the Daniel Boulud recipes. We left our book for our butler. Many of the books end up in the ship library. We have done the chef's table on every cruise that we have taken, but I don't thing we will do it again until they get rid of the Daniel Boulud menu.

Try the champagne dinner.  It was excellent with champagnes you would never imagine.

2 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Try the champagne dinner.  It was excellent with champagnes you would never imagine.

That's what I'm planning next time.  I also didn't think the Daniel Boulud menu was worth the price of admission.  Previous versions, before Boulud, were, though.

18 minutes ago, Ready to go said:

What is the champagne dinner? We’ll be on the Reflection for the first time in January but have been on all the other S class ships at least once and don’t remember it. 

I think it is fairly new and features Veuve Clicquot. It was $150 pp on our November Equinox cruise. They comped a wine event when we signed up for it. 

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

Hmmmm maybe we'll look into the champagne dinner then.  We’ve done the chefs table a few times, but this menu doesn’t really thrill me.  Think I’d rather spend my OBC at Murano with a nice bottle of wine.  Or a massage 😊

2 hours ago, sheltielover1973 said:

Who would I talk to once onboard to book this? I board the Reflection next week

Any of the sommeliers can book it. You will also see restaurant staff when you board selling specialty dining.  We booked with a sommelier in Luminae.  If you book with wait staff ask about the complementary wine event. We choose the Around the World Wine Tasting.

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Any of the sommeliers can book it. You will also see restaurant staff when you board selling specialty dining.  We booked with a sommelier in Luminae.  If you book with wait staff ask about the complementary wine event. We choose the Around the World Wine Tasting.

Thanks so much-- I'll check with the Sommelier in Luminae. And the wine tasting sounds fantastic as well.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/1/2019 at 9:06 AM, Luckiestmanonearth said:

Is it just me or is $139 pp seem outrageous ?

On 12/1/2019 at 11:48 AM, C-Dragons said:

It includes the price of the Cookbook. 😉

I attended the dinner 3 nights ago aboard Infinity. Today the group photo and menu copies were delivered to my stateroom. But no cookbook. I thought the $139 included the cookbook as well. 

Any idea who to ask? 

On 12/1/2019 at 2:06 PM, Luckiestmanonearth said:

Is it just me or is $139 pp seem outrageous ?

As with specialty dinning it’s an individual thing, what’s the value to you. I think many cruise ship excursions are outrageous but plenty of other disagree and book them.