Spin Bikes on Silhouette?

jasm8449

1 hour ago, jasm8449 said:

Can anyone confirm if there are currently spin bikes on Silhouette and if so what brand?  ie Peloton?

We have only ever seen the Peloton bikes on Edge. We used them daily, but you do have to reserve them as there were only four in the gym. They pulled the seats out when they were not reserved.

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

No peloton bikes but there are 2 spin bikes in the general gym area near the treadmills facing the windows. Just off Silhouette today. 

Are they true spin bikes or life fitness exercise bikes?  I’m cruising on the Reflection on the 9th and plan to upload Peloton classes to my iPad, through the app. If there are true spin bikes, I will upload more bike classes, otherwise I’ll go heavier on Treadmill classes. Given a choice I’d rather do a tread class on treadmills or even elliptical, than do a spin class a life fitness bike. 

Edited by buggins0402

1 hour ago, buggins0402 said:

Are they true spin bikes or life fitness exercise bikes?  I’m cruising on the Reflection on the 9th and plan to upload Peloton classes to my iPad, through the app. If there are true spin bikes, I will upload more bike classes, otherwise I’ll go heavier on Treadmill classes. Given a choice I’d rather do a tread class on treadmills or even elliptical, than do a spin class a life fitness bike. 

All I can tell you for sure is they are the kind I used when I attended spin class at LA Fitness.  Basic spin bike with no bells or whistles...adjustable seat and levers near the handle bars to adjust tension.  Here's a pic of something similar.  

image.jpeg.056fe4d15375123fb78bf0c1f2bac575.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

All I can tell you for sure is they are the kind I used when I attended spin class at LA Fitness.  Basic spin bike with no bells or whistles...adjustable seat and levers near the handle bars to adjust tension.  Here's a pic of something similar.  

image.jpeg.056fe4d15375123fb78bf0c1f2bac575.jpeg

Thanks that helps...I can go by feel for resistance and use music for cadence.  Hopefully, Reflection will also have a few in the fitness center.  Keiser’s would be better, because they show watts and are similar to Pelotons, but this will work.  

Thanks again. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jasm8449 said:

Can anyone confirm if there are currently spin bikes on Silhouette and if so what brand?  ie Peloton?

All the equipment (including spinners) in the fitness center on the Summit was Life Fitness. I'm sure that would be fleetwide. 

49 minutes ago, davekathy said:

All the equipment (including spinners) in the fitness center on the Summit was Life Fitness. I'm sure that would be fleetwide. 

Thanks...I just searched the life fitness website and it appears they make spinners, in addition to the awful non spin exercise bikes that I usually see in hotel and ship fitness centers. 

12 hours ago, buggins0402 said:

Thanks...I just searched the life fitness website and it appears they make spinners, in addition to the awful non spin exercise bikes that I usually see in hotel and ship fitness centers. 

Agree. I also prefer spinners over uprights and recumbents. So on the ships I use the uprights as the spinners are always locked up and seats removed. 🤬 I have a Proform spinner that I have had forever.  

Edited by davekathy