Maasdam live

VK3DQ

The Internet service .. the fastest package is quite reasonable Skype can be used with a few dropouts but streaming from youtube has  been very good so far even as we are quite a long way south so low angles for the sat receivers   ...will see how we go sending some photosn when I find the camera ... just using a small luminex camer shooting at  approx 12megabytes per picture  noting fancy but its not too bad camera has a reasonable lens

by the way you will al have guessed that I am not the best typist on the block .. I'll do my best ..so aim the shotguns over my head 🙂

regards

John

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My morning coffee arrived in 3 mins after placing the order !!!!   Cannot live without my heart starter

Good day in Auckland yesterday we visited family for lunch and a bit of a nattter

Came back and they had the roof open over the pool   

Its a bright sunny morning so its off to breakfast .... then a meet the Captain Q&A session at 10am ,,, but the VIP'er is off to line dancing in the crows nest and no doubt Elsie will go along with her

so better get dressed and moving   I have found my camers so will try to get some photos today

Regards

John

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/6/2019 at 11:48 AM, VK3DQ said:

The Internet service .. the fastest package is quite reasonable Skype can be used with a few dropouts but streaming from youtube has  been very good so far even as we are quite a long way south so low angles for the sat receivers   ...will see how we go sending some photosn when I find the camera ... just using a small luminex camer shooting at  approx 12megabytes per picture  noting fancy but its not too bad camera has a reasonable lens

by the way you will al have guessed that I am not the best typist on the block .. I'll do my best ..so aim the shotguns over my head 🙂

regards

John

John

I was on a 17 day cruise and did NOT type ONE post. Zero. Nada. Zilch!

Please do not apologize for sharing your experiences with me.

I thank you so much.

We got off the Maasdam last Tuesday in Sydney after a wonderful cruise to Queensland and PNG.  We were also on Deck 4 (or "a" deck as the recorded voice in the forward lift said!) - we were quite happy down the bottom with our oceanview cabin.  No problems with the air conditioning and very attentive cabin crew.  Although a small ship (our first time on Maasdam), we liked it very much and would be happy to sail on her again.  We did the Zodiacs once and that was incredible.  Ryan Whittaker was the captain and Warren the Cruise Director.  We also saw Jamie Allan, the magician/illusionist.  Enjoy the rest of your cruise, John.

• Like 2

On 12/6/2019 at 10:11 AM, VK3DQ said:

Hi there.

The cruise goes from Sydney to the bay of islands ,next is Auckland and then out in the south pacific to the Kingdom of Tonga. Then across the date line to nuie , then we turn north to Fiji and west to New Caledonia and back to Sydney ...trip is 20 days.

Regards. John

Hi.

Yes I understand the zodiacs will be used at a number of ports , we are now on approch to the bay of islands sitting in the crows nest watching the. World go bye.

Regards. John

• Like 1

Hi folks. 

A bit of s hard day for me a bit under the weather with back pain so I have not taken too much notice.

Went to the talk to the captain session and then to the port talk for Tonga given by Kaye the new cruise director who joined the ship in Auckland.

Then onto a cooking demo with visiting chef Craig Squire. This was a hoot. Enjoyed it.

Show tonight was not to my taste The Showmen but most people seemed to like them.

In the bar having a coffee after grabbing fillings for a. Ham , chook and salad roll for. My dinner.

So that was our day. See you all again tomorrow.

Regards. John

• Like 1

Weii I am wide awake 6am will need to send for coffee real soon now ... I think today perhaps we will use the lido for breakfast as it has a wider menu normally we use the dining room but I feel like a change but first things first a coffee

i had an urgent request from a friend wht would you suggest "

Mrs B is exerting huge pressure on me to take a little boat trip to New Zealand.
I know I have asked you for your suggestions in the past but it now seems evident that I can't worm my way out of this current predicament [short of becoming deceased] so any help you can give will be appreciated.
Madam B has been on the Internet and it seems that most voyages don't leave until well into the following year.
Being extremely keen to swing the lead, She is hoping to cast off as early as possible.
I am in your hands.
Respectfully,
Mr B."

Lets see if you choose the same as I did

regards  John
image.png.be69914b60715af253592f56be4fb586.png

Hi Folks

Happy hour in the ocean bar lasted all night ...Bombay Saphire Gin and Tonic and earler in the day we had some hot and cold bar snacks in the crows nest ... we skipped on the show tonight just to hang out in the ocean bar which is our favorite watering hole in the evenings ..but the band had a day off yesterday,,so no Jazz .... well here we are in Tonga ....

Regards

John

Edited by VK3DQ
  • Like 1

Ohhh  yes another victim of happy hour emerges   FantASTIC session last night  young passenger  lass with voice of an angel gets up and sings with band .....WOW!!!!!

You dont see that very often     

lots to report from Tonga but not strong enough yet

Regards

John

• Like 2

On 12/11/2019 at 3:02 AM, VK3DQ said:

Ohhh  yes another victim of happy hour emerges   FantASTIC session last night  young passenger  lass with voice of an angel gets up and sings with band .....WOW!!!!!

You dont see that very often     

lots to report from Tonga but not strong enough yet

Regards

John

The Zodiac,s were out in force. Bums bouncing on the rubber sides.

Perfect day with large market on the wharf.

Its Pie night in the lido and show tonight

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Port call at Nuie canceled due to large swell at locial wharf Maasdam will circumnavigate the island...oo. all is well in the. Crows nest bar.

Its happy day in all bars half price drinks all day

Regards john

Edited by VK3DQ
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

John

how easy is it to get on and off a Zodiac? I have a knee issue, that I can usually find a way around, but never been on a zodiac. Never mind getting on one with moving water beneath it.

Good question.  I would say it might be an issue..however never give up..adventure keeps you young

• Like 2