Maasdam live

VK3DQ

Zodiac Questions: how many ports have Zodiac excursions, what is the cost, do you land on the islands, are landings dry or wet?

We have done Zodiac excursions in the Galapagos islands off Silver Galapagos, great experience and adventure.

Your comments are appreciated.

Thank you

5 hours ago, gui218 said:

Zodiac Questions: how many ports have Zodiac excursions, what is the cost, do you land on the islands, are landings dry or wet?

We have done Zodiac excursions in the Galapagos islands off Silver Galapagos, great experience and adventure.

Your comments are appreciated.

Thank you

I will have to ask Kaye the cruise director fot that info  ///stand bye

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not going ashore here isle du expensive de frog.   And to be honest a bit too much oh a risk being steep steps wet with rain and sea spray. Too large a fall risk for the mobility challanged despite crews best efforts

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing your cruise on the MS Maasdam. We have sailed her several times and are anxiously awaiting 84 more days on her starting in January 2021.

We last sailed on her last spring from Auckland to San Francisco and her crew still exceeds the “Standard Of Excellence.”

Your live reports have been very appreciated.Thank you.

Happy Holidays!

Edited by aliaschief

2 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Thanks for sharing your cruise on the MS Maasdam. We have sailed her several times and are anxiously awaiting 84 more days on her starting in January 2021.

We last sailed on her last spring from Auckland to San Francisco and her crew still exceeds the “Standard Of Excellence.”

Your live reports have been very appreciated.Thank you.

Happy Holidays!

thanks for that  I regret not being more able but my health has not been the best this trip... we are looking after the old girl she is not perfect but suits us

the service in the Lido has picked up a level with the number of live cooking stations IE Pasta ... onthe other hand breakfast in the MDR has gon downhill a little   cold eggs not the best but we report anything ths not right and the TRY to put it right

not a nice day here in Tandine gray and no sunshire .... a gray mist on the seas face and a gray dawn breaking ,,,,,,,,, John Maesfield 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/12/2019 at 10:11 PM, cranethie said:

We are boarding the Maasdam on the 23rd (Holiday cruise), our TA said ......like most of HAL's dining rooms there are 2 levels.  Level 1 is 'anytime dining' 5.15pm onwards, level 2 is fixed 5.45pm and 8pm.

We're not fans of fixed (particularly main/late as we have been given) so I'll be making the reservations desk my first port of call after boarding 😊

I'm also boarding on the 22nd - would happily take your dining assignment.  I requested a table for 2, late fixed dining, my boarding pass says "open seating, confirmed".  Not happy.

On 12/12/2019 at 10:11 PM, cranethie said:

We are boarding the Maasdam on the 23rd (Holiday cruise), our TA said ......like most of HAL's dining rooms there are 2 levels.  Level 1 is 'anytime dining' 5.15pm onwards, level 2 is fixed 5.45pm and 8pm.

We're not fans of fixed (particularly main/late as we have been given) so I'll be making the reservations desk my first port of call after boarding 😊

??Where is the reservation desk?  Thanks

1 hour ago, BJzink said:

??Where is the reservation desk?  Thanks

Once they set up a table in the Explorer's Lounge to make dining choices & changes right after boarding.

Usually the Main Dining Room check in counter can make changes.  Or at least direct you to the DR Manager.

The Front Desk is always there to listen to your pleas.

Keep your eyes and ears open to make your requests as soon as possible. 

It can be done.

Barbara

Edited by bcummin