Maasdam live

VK3DQ

Hi Folks

An intresting show , gentleman playing a saxaphone varaious classical arrangments  rather too shrill for my taste ... "who said that about some music ????"

Vary nice meal in MDR last night Peti loin of beef mashed spuds and parsnips  and a gravy to die for!!! 

After the show we headed again to the ocean bar  happy day ment a couple of strongbow ciders 

Our morning cofee tray has just arrived so there will be a shot break in typing

regards'  John

ps Margeve of Brandernberg speaking about the Brandenberg Concertos written for her say they are too shrill 

Our music provided by the Ocean Quarted was great and happy day ruled supreme 

Oh I Forgot Silent Night and Gloria in excelches  sung by the New Zealand youth Choir starts off our Christmas music

Edited by VK3DQ
  • Like 1

Oh and before I forget a few of the young New Zealand Girls have taken a liking to the members of  the ocean quartet   I have high hopes we might get a song or two out of those sweet young things (grin)

Which is I hope the bands motive

Regards

John

• Like 1

3 hours ago, erewhon said:

Thanks for your reports.

What time are the set dining times in the Main Dining Room for the early dining and the late seating?

As far as I can see there are no fixed sittings dining room is open 5.15pm untill 9pm no mention of any sittings. We have never had to wait for a table.

Regards. John

4 hours ago, erewhon said:

Thanks for your reports.

What time are the set dining times in the Main Dining Room for the early dining and the late seating?

We are boarding the Maasdam on the 23rd (Holiday cruise), our TA said ......like most of HAL's dining rooms there are 2 levels.  Level 1 is 'anytime dining' 5.15pm onwards, level 2 is fixed 5.45pm and 8pm.

We're not fans of fixed (particularly main/late as we have been given) so I'll be making the reservations desk my first port of call after boarding 😊

• Like 1

here we are next day ..Early morning after an early night   worn out shopping in Suva...my can that woman of mine shop!

the usual thing Fijian 's trying to stear you away from the indian owned shops can be a bit intimadading .. we went to all of the major complexes .. very much the same old you find anywhere  ..shopping was better in Savisavau that here in Suva

Regards

John

Edited by VK3DQ
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, VK3DQ said:

Hi folks.

They are putting up the Christmas trees and decorations. Ginger bread houses and a train set on deck. Six.

Regards.  John.

That is good to know.

Would be great if you are able to post photos of some of the decorations.

Love your reports!!! We were on the Maasdam for 30 days doing SA and loved our room cruise and all! Felt like home for us. We enjoy New Zealand very much! We did a adventure cruise and hiked Milford Sound and stayed at the lodge there. Also kayaked Tasman Sea and stayed at different lodges. What a great country and people👍 Erewhon is one of them😊

Hoping to do a cruise from San Diego or San Francisco to Australia and including New Zealand in our future!

Have a Merry Christmas 

Denise😊

nice day at port D shopping  concert our travling group vey hot two girls fainted  but both recovered for tonights orange party

sorry my reports are vague pain is a bad editor  think this may be my last trip befor the skurge finishes me off darn it its my birthday tomorrow  73 not long enought too many people to meet places to go

bugger

limincello in ocean bar last night

regards  john

• Like 2