Project Runway

retiring soon

I like Nina! I’m really enjoying this season. So far it’s been very well thought out. I’m wondering how much input Nina has had in it. It sounded like she was the one who picked out the designers to come back. The idea of starting the season with a rework of the design that got them eliminated is excellent. Imagine the store room where all the previously made fashion must be housed for them to be able to have a runway with those previous designs! Even 10 years old! The classy version of the unconventional materials challenge…I mean I know toys aren’t classy but the idea of a $2000 budget…seriously needed in FAO Schwarz I’m guessing…and how the store itself seemed to keep the designers from the frantic grab everything in sight chaos. I remember the days of going to a hardware store, or party goods store, dollar store, etc…over the days of the newspaper recycling, electronics recycling, a bar, or wherever where there was no budget, just a free for all. It all just makes me curious as to what input Nina has had and if in the wake of Heidi and Tim, she has more control. 

I’ve agreed with the judge’s assessments so far…though I admit I have no idea who this week guest judge was and I’ve never heard of that brand…but then again, I haven’t ever been that aware of high end fashion.

I adore Nina. She's got the chops. She can be direct, but she's not mean. I also got that impression about her having a hand in the selection of returnees....

I have to admit that I was skeptical about the toy store challenge at first. How are they gonna pull that off?  Not a lot of "fabric" items, especially since Christian warned them to stay away from using just plush. But it turned out to be very interesting. The two winning looks were ah-may-zing.

You're right, there are times in the past when it was a real scrum getting the materials on this challenge. I especially remember the candy challenge, and also the challenge where they had to use materials from some new car model -- omg, they were ripping it apart.

• 2 weeks later...

So happy to see Project Runway discussion underway - thank you Anita! 
Interesting to see what these designers have been doing since their time on PR.

Nina selected talented designers. 

I’ll comment on this last episode as it is fresh in my mind. Kara Saun and Brittany’s designs were so original. Kara Saun’s outfit was stunning as it fit the model perfectly. It was impeccable. Brittany’s outfit was so detailed. Her design and sewing skills really made the outfit pop. Felt either one could have won as the outfits were original.

Anna’s dress was interesting, but the design was certainly a repeat from earlier in the show. This has happened on past PR seasons, so it is not just Anna. It was up to the judges to address her design, not the contestants. It should not have been one of the top three. Understand why they were ticked, but still up to the judges. I truly hope the bitterness does not go forward with this group.

Looking forward to reading your takes on this past week’s episode.

Denise