Stateroom Outlets Ruby

spirit rev

Wondering if there are UK compatible outlets suitable to plug a hair dryer into on the Ruby. I'm thinking about bringing the UK hair dryer on this trip as I'll have time on land, too, since it is the correct  wattage for NZ and Aus. Really don't want to bring two with me as I really dislike hotel and onboard hairdryers. 

Thanks for any info. 

On the Ruby last week and they have US outlets so you'll need an adaptor. As the ship is in the Aust area at present they supplied one adaptor for people to use but there were Australian adaptors so you'll need to bring UK ones. 

This is the one outlet in the cabin with two 115 VAC sockets side by side on the Ruby.  The black cord is a Y cord allowing me to plug in two devices (clock radio and 6 port USB charger).  Note that due to the size of the plug, only one outlet can be used.  Bring smaller plugs if you need to use both.

PB120005.thumb.JPG.62490e601e2582579e6791d3d06ca081.JPG

On 12/8/2019 at 5:40 PM, spirit rev said:

Wondering if there are UK compatible outlets suitable to plug a hair dryer into on the Ruby. I'm thinking about bringing the UK hair dryer on this trip as I'll have time on land, too, since it is the correct  wattage for NZ and Aus. Really don't want to bring two with me as I really dislike hotel and onboard hairdryers. 

Thanks for any info. 

Two 220v outlets behind the bed for the nightstand lights.

Rather hard to get to.

Sorry to ask on this thread. (we are on the same cruise 😁

I have a power chair which requires 240v to charge.  My old charger was 110v/240v but when it died it was replaced 240v only. 

Does anyone know if they provide a transformers for 240v to 110v?

TIA 

Edited by MargoK

2 hours ago, MargoK said:

I have a power chair which requires 240v to charge.  My old charger was 110v/240v but when it died it was replaced 240v only. 

On grand class ships, there are two 220v outlets behind the bed.  One for each nightstand lamp.

The below photo is from IECalCruiser's post here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2320883-crown-110v-or-240v/?do=findComment&comment=49896499

vsD00RTn2_lKzvYl8oJGJGre9URhi8uBNqIZKk6P

This below picture is courtesy of Jeff Bezos.

Available here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A17I1VW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For 'mericans, this has the interesting effect of letting you plug a 2-conducter US cord (non-polarized Type A) into a 220v outlet.

This allows you to power things which have a 2 conducter plug and are rated 120-240v.

Most of the chargers and other small gadgets I have are rated 120-240.

I have found it handy to move electrical clutter off the desk.

61V6kCQ4L3L._SL1387_.jpg

9 hours ago, MargoK said:

TIA 

Margo 

Is there any chance the Access desk can/will help you on this. 

I'm disappointed it will be difficult to use my UK hair dryer on board. Had hoped to only bring one. May still only bring one and ask to borrow my NZ friend's hair dryer. 

Jane 

8 hours ago, pablo222 said:

On grand class ships, there are two 220v outlets behind the bed.  One for each nightstand lamp.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2320883-crown-110v-or-240v/?do=findComment&comment=49896499

Available here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A17I1VW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For 'mericans, this has the interesting effect of letting you plug a 2-conducter US cord (non-polarized Type A) into a 220v outlet.

This allows you to power things which have a 2 conducter plug and are rated 120-240v.

61V6kCQ4L3L._SL1387_.jpg

Thank you getting much.  The photo is a great help.

On 12/11/2019 at 7:31 PM, 40yearcruiser said:

Glad to hear there are outlets behind the bed because my husband uses a CPAP and was hoping he wouldn't need to extension cord it to the desk outlet. We will be in a mini-suite so don't know if the outlets are different from other cabins.

I can't absolutly swear that you can get behind the bed in a mini suite.

My recollection is that in other cabins, the lowers are twins which

can be made up into a queen; but in a mini-suite it is just a queen.

Hopefully someone with specific grand class knowledge will reply.

On 12/12/2019 at 5:49 PM, MargoK said:

TIA 

You can safely charge a 240v charger from 110v, however it will take longer to charge, and some things like hair appliances may not work correctly as there is insufficient power but it won't damage the appliance. You can't charge a 110v device from a 220/240v socket without a transformer. We charged all our Australian devices on Ruby without any problems using the 110v sockets.

On 12/12/2019 at 8:58 PM, pablo222 said:

Available here:

61V6kCQ4L3L._SL1387_.jpg

But don't try to plug in any appliance that isn't rated for 110-240v. If it's just rated for 110/120v it could go up in smoke.

• 3 years later...
On 12/12/2019 at 1:58 AM, pablo222 said:

Available here:

61V6kCQ4L3L._SL1387_.jpg

Are these type C or type F that work on the cruise ship? 

On 12/10/2019 at 4:15 PM, satxdiver said:

This is the one outlet in the cabin with two 115 VAC sockets side by side on the Ruby.  The black cord is a Y cord allowing me to plug in two devices (clock radio and 6 port USB charger).  Note that due to the size of the plug, only one outlet can be used.  Bring smaller plugs if you need to use both.

PB120005.thumb.JPG.62490e601e2582579e6791d3d06ca081.JPG

Is this outlet on top of the desk?

On 12/11/2019 at 6:31 PM, 40yearcruiser said:

Glad to hear there are outlets behind the bed because my husband uses a CPAP and was hoping he wouldn't need to extension cord it to the desk outlet. We will be in a mini-suite so don't know if the outlets are different from other cabins.

My husband uses a CPAP and we didn't need the extension cord.  His machine easily reached from the bed to the regular outlet. We were in a balcony cabin.

On 12/13/2019 at 4:18 PM, pablo222 said:

I can't absolutly swear that you can get behind the bed in a mini suite.

My recollection is that in other cabins, the lowers are twins which

can be made up into a queen; but in a mini-suite it is just a queen.

Hopefully someone with specific grand class knowledge will reply.

Very easy to access the sockets behind the bed! Simply pull the bed frame and mattress away from the wall about 12 inches. They are very light and it takes very little effort to do. I do it all the time for CPAP access.

On 12/12/2019 at 8:37 AM, spirit rev said:

Margo 

Is there any chance the Access desk can/will help you on this. 

I'm disappointed it will be difficult to use my UK hair dryer on board. Had hoped to only bring one. May still only bring one and ask to borrow my NZ friend's hair dryer. 

Jane 

Hair dryers are provided in each stateroom.