Suess at Sea Breakfast and Suess-a-Palooza Parade

Eli_6

Has anyone been on the Vista lately (or any of the ships that do this) and can tell me what day these are on?  Also, I gather you have to wait to book until you are on board? Do I just go to guest services to do this?  Can I do it through the app?

Any info is appreciated!

The day varies by itinerary but definitely a sea day. You are correct that you cannot book before you board. You don't have to sign up for the parade but you do have to sign up for the brunch. There's supposedly a table set up somewhere for signing up but we missed it so I went to guest services. Took less than 2 minutes. 

• Like 1

The kids that were with us loved this event. If you want to be sure of attending the breakfast you need to sign up onboard, but sometimes it's not full and they do take walk ins. The story time is not to be missed either. The CD brought all of the kids up on the stage and worked as many of them into the story as she could.

• Like 1

There should be a sign up table when you board-if not you can go to guest service. If you're interested in seeing what the breakfast is like---I'll leave a link to an album of when we brought our granddaughter on a cruise, pictures 74-77 show the parade and 174-187 show the breakfast (feel free to skip the rest). Just click the link--if you'd like to see any pix larger (the menu is shown), just click on the picture.

SUESS AT SEA

Edited by chocolate melting cake
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, chocolate melting cake said:

There should be a sign up table when you board-if not you can go to guest service. If you're interested in seeing what the breakfast is like---I'll leave a link to an album of when we brought our granddaughter on a cruise, pictures 174-187 (feel free to skip the rest). Just click the link--if you'd like to see any pix larger (the menu is shown), just click on the picture.

SUESS AT SEA

What a great review! Loved your presentation. And the pictures of Suess at Sea Breakfast were very informative. It gives an excellent idea what to expect. Thank you.

1 hour ago, aknguyen said:

There's supposedly a table set up somewhere for signing up

but we missed it so I went to guest services. Took less than 2 minutes. 

We bumped into said table right outside the bank of midship elevators

as you go towards the main pool.

She looked at us curiously (two mature, maybe-elderly ppl)

" You DO realize this is a kiddies thing?" she asked -lol

We assured her we were in it for a laugh,

since our kids had been reared on Dr. Seuss.

Cost us $5 each! lol

BigKidsToo-704.jpg

DrSeussMenu-672.jpg

DrSeussPancakes-686.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Thanks for all the pics! My kids will LOVE this.  

You'll have fun and giggles. Guaranteed.

Somehow we even got involved in the parade

with us carrying banners and placards! see photo!

It ended up in the big theatre up front, where CD Felipe Couto read us stories......

28 minutes ago, Aplmac said:

It ended up in the big theatre up front, where CD Felipe Couto read us stories......

The CD on Pride had us all chanting "the Cat in the Hat is on the loose" all the way from the Atrium to the theater.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

The CD on Pride

had us all chanting "The Cat in the Hat is on the loose"

all the way from the Atrium to the theater.

Now you say that

I vaguely recall we were chanting something similar!

I think we started right at the stern, on Deck 5 -Comedy Club?
and made our way along the main promenade

then down two decks in the atrium -and in to the theater on Deck 3!

• Like 1

One thing to note is that the food items come with copious amounts of sugar and food coloring unless you specify otherwise. I didn't realize each square of my waffle would be filled with red or blue icing. I didn't care for that. Now I know to ask for my items as they are served on a non-Seuss day.

7 hours ago, Aplmac said:

I was walking around the ship on our Carnival Pride cruise two years ago and stopped in the lobby to watch the kids arriving in the atrium for the parade. One of the hosts came up to me, handed me a noisemaker, and said "You're in the parade." I grew up on Dr. Seuss, my sons grew up on Dr. Seuss, so I figured "Why not?" We ended the parade in the theater with a reading of "Cat in the Hat." It really was a lot of fun.

• Haha 1

Signup on the Vista was where the dinner reservations are taken - 5th floor aft IIR. 

On the Magic, they had a table in the theater after the parade/storytime for the breakfast signup. 

Well worth the $5. 

It''s also a lot of fun seeing the kids order the green eggs and ham, then balk when they arrive. The parents end up handing over their breakfasts to the kids and get stuck with the green eggs. I order the regular omlette for my kid so I can enjoy my fillet of minion. (Minions are delish!)

• Like 1

On 12/12/2019 at 1:52 PM, djb78 said:

Signup on the Vista was where the dinner reservations are taken - 5th floor aft IIR. 

On the Magic, they had a table in the theater after the parade/storytime for the breakfast signup. 

Well worth the $5. 

It''s also a lot of fun seeing the kids order the green eggs and ham, then balk when they arrive. The parents end up handing over their breakfasts to the kids and get stuck with the green eggs. I order the regular omlette for my kid so I can enjoy my fillet of minion. (Minions are delish!)

What is IIR?