Mariner Credits for pre-booking Excursions?

trixiee

4 minutes ago, DoggyDaddy said:

When would they be credited, before embarking or after disembarking? We have a $6,000 excursion coming up and it may affect our star rating.

DD

Credits will not be posted to your Mariner account until after your cruise.  If you're depending on that excursion to push you over into the next Mariner level, it won't happen until you return home.  Congratulations on reaching the next level (at some point).  BTW, what excursion are you taking?   Just curious.

36 minutes ago, DoggyDaddy said:

When would they be credited, before embarking or after disembarking? We have a $6,000 excursion coming up and it may affect our star rating.

DD

30 minutes ago, sevenseasnomad said:

Credits will not be posted to your Mariner account until after your cruise.  If you're depending on that excursion to push you over into the next Mariner level, it won't happen until you return home.  Congratulations on reaching the next level (at some point).  BTW, what excursion are you taking?   Just curious.

Also remember that "Bonus" days max out at the number of days in the cruise, so you would have to be on a 20 day or more cruise for all of that $6000 to count.

I always thought days cruised were all that counted toward Mariner levels, and whether those days were suites which counted more.  So HAL EXC excursions booked before departure count, too?    🤷🏼‍♀️ Seriously, this is a learning moment for me, so could someone please clarify?  

57 minutes ago, Walfam said:

I always thought days cruised were all that counted toward Mariner levels, and whether those days were suites which counted more.  So HAL EXC excursions booked before departure count, too?    🤷🏼‍♀️ Seriously, this is a learning moment for me, so could someone please clarify?  

I just called HAL the other day, specifically talking to someone within the mariner society.  The lady told me that excursions, or any extras purchased even in advance do count towards points for mariner levels.  It's only second HAL cruise but I found out that for every $100 spent onboard (in advance as well, like the pre-paid excursions, etc.) one will get an extra point/night.

17 minutes ago, smilesntravels said:

It's only second HAL cruise but I found out that for every $100 spent onboard (in advance as well, like the pre-paid excursions, etc.) one will get an extra point/night.

You might have heard incorrectly -- it's $300 in spending (per stateroom) that counts as one point. You can only earn as many "Bonus Points" as there are nights in the cruise. And only passengers 1&2 get the Spending Bonus credits.

4 hours ago, Walfam said:

Everything bought pre-cruise counts for credit for Mariner spend days. Beverage packages, specialty restaurants, shore excursions, laundry packages, wine, everything that you purchase before the cruise. Also everything posted to your onboard account, including gratuities. One day for every $300. The maximum number of spend days you can earn is the number of days in your cruise. We did a 14 day cruise in July and earned an extra 14 days.

5 hours ago, Cruising Is Bliss said:

Everything bought pre-cruise counts for credit for Mariner spend days. Beverage packages, specialty restaurants, shore excursions, laundry packages, wine, everything that you purchase before the cruise. Also everything posted to your onboard account, including gratuities. One day for every $300. The maximum number of spend days you can earn is the number of days in your cruise. We did a 14 day cruise in July and earned an extra 14 days.

Thank you!  I will go back in to my Mariner account and check on this.  

How does this appear on the Mariner account? Under the "Onboard Spending Bonus"  in the Bonus Cruise Days category?  The Cruise and Tour days total at all my actual days(nights) on the ships,   But my Bonus Cruise Days is a much larger sum.

Is there a magic number spent that equals a bonus cruise day?  

Thanks!

Edited by Walfam

1 hour ago, Walfam said:

Is there a magic number spent that equals a bonus cruise day?

$300 ... but they do generous rounding up, so you may get one more credit than you can account for.

Edited by catl331

13 hours ago, crystalspin said:

You might have heard incorrectly -- it's $300 in spending (per stateroom) that counts as one point. You can only earn as many "Bonus Points" as there are nights in the cruise. And only passengers 1&2 get the Spending Bonus credits.

Yes, you're right about the $300...not 100.    I do know the rest.

21 hours ago, richwmn said:

Also remember that "Bonus" days max out at the number of days in the cruise, so you would have to be on a 20 day or more cruise for all of that $6000 to count.

Since when?  Is this a new policy?  If not, we've accumulated days we weren't entitled to.  Please don't tell anyone.  HAL has been more than generous in rounding up over the years.  In many instances, especially on our European cruises, we have more bonus days than cruise days, and they were all credited.

39 minutes ago, sevenseasnomad said:

Since when?  Is this a new policy?  If not, we've accumulated days we weren't entitled to.  Please don't tell anyone.  HAL has been more than generous in rounding up over the years.  In many instances, especially on our European cruises, we have more bonus days than cruise days, and they were all credited.

Were you in suites? Because those are also bonus days (doubling your days onboard). Then another day per $300 combined spending. So if in a suite you can get up to triple the actual days.

1 hour ago, sevenseasnomad said:

When they announced the program the rules stated that bonus days were limited to the number of days in the cruise. Doing a quick search of the Holland Site I can find no reference to it now, so maybe they changed.

@sevenseasnomad

After searching further, I found this on the Holland America site

Only the first two guests on the booking receive the limit of one bonus day for each day sailed;

Here is the link -- https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/mariner-society.html

It is under the tab -- How is the number of cruise day creduts calculated

Edited by richwmn