Name/Legal name question

anndeemem

There's a chance it could. They can deny you boarding for your identification documents (passport/DL) not matching your boarding pass. You should call NCL (or call your TA if booked through that) and have them fix it ASAP.

You should always book travel with the identification you're going to use in front of you. 

• Like 1

Just now, smplybcause said:

There's a chance it could. They can deny you boarding for your identification documents (passport/DL) not matching your boarding pass. You should call NCL (or call your TA if booked through that) and have them fix it ASAP.

You should always book travel with the identification you're going to use in front of you. 

Right, had I booked on my own, I definitely would have! I don't even understand why she didn't know better, since you'd think it's common sense, but apparently not. When I saw she used Tom, I assumed that I'd be able to modify that on the docs during check-in but that wasn't an option. I'll call and see what they can do! Thanks!

NCL is now following the same rules that airlines have for years. Your name on cruise documents must match the ID you will be using. I realized our middle names were on our IDs but not the cruise docs - it was resolved within an hour with an email to my cruise consultant (TA, I believe, if not booking directly).

40 minutes ago, grobma said:

NCL is now following the same rules that airlines have for years. Your name on cruise documents must match the ID you will be using. I realized our middle names were on our IDs but not the cruise docs - it was resolved within an hour with an email to my cruise consultant (TA, I believe, if not booking directly).

middle name is not required for cruise bookings. been sailing with ncl for about 8 years now. my cruise docs have my first and last name and my id has first, middle and last name. never had any issues with boarding the ship or with customs. when i get on board, my middle name is automatically added. 

if a middle name was required, ncl will have on their website when you book cruises and when you edit the guest names

19 minutes ago, shof515 said:

middle name is not required for cruise bookings. been sailing with ncl for about 8 years now. my cruise docs have my first and last name and my id has first, middle and last name. never had any issues with boarding the ship or with customs. when i get on board, my middle name is automatically added. 

if a middle name was required, ncl will have on their website when you book cruises and when you edit the guest names

True.

Best that you have all documentation filled out fully with legal name:

Passport

Drivers License

Airline Tickets - Frequent Flyer Miles

TSA Pre-Check or Global Entry documents

AND Cruise eDocs

If it all matches should be smooth sailing with no issues to worry about

This is not a time for Nick Names shorten versions of names i.e. as above Tom for Thomas - Dick for Richard

35 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Best that you have all documentation filled out fully with legal name:

Passport

Drivers License

Airline Tickets - Frequent Flyer Miles

TSA Pre-Check or Global Entry documents

AND Cruise eDocs

If it all matches should be smooth sailing with no issues to worry about

This is not a time for Nick Names shorten versions of names i.e. as above Tom for Thomas - Dick for Richard

Yup. This stemmed from issues with those passengers for whom NCL was also booking flights. They use the cruise booking info, so if names didn't match IDs, it caused a problem when the data was submitted for Secure Flight Passenger Data. An email sent to recent passengers asked them to make sure everything matched. 

3 hours ago, shof515 said:

This is a new issue with NCL.  While in the past it was not required, NCL is in the process of requiring your docs to match your ID exactly.  Many upcoming cruisers got an email regarding this and had to call NCL to update their info.  There was a recent thread about here.  I called proactively and was told that it would be required for everyone in the near future.

7 hours ago, shof515 said:

Agree

20 hours ago, shof515 said:

There have been several posts on this issue. I contacted my travel agent and she has taken care of it. She was told that your cruise docs MUST match your passport exactly or you could be denied boarding. If your middle name is on your passport it must be on your cruise documents. We have never had a problem not having middles names on our docs, including a cruise in February of this year. But, times have changed and better safe than sorry. The excuse when trying to board that 'someone told me' wont cut it.

We just had to have ours changed to match our passports.  I looked to no avail for a spot online to add my middle name.  My TA called NCL & had them add middle names.  They said when we download our cruise docs they will be there.  When I last logged in to NCL, I noticed my middle name was indeed there.  Maybe it wouldn't keep us from boarding the ship, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.