ELITE BAR

george35

12 hours ago, jelayne said:

The CC  Elite and above letter reads “Captains Club Cocktail Hour daily excluding embarkation -5- 7pm, All bars and Lounges. Exclusive Lounge: Sky Lounge Deck 14; Unlimited complimentary drinks from the Captains Club menu

In reading this it seems clear that there is no CC Happy Hour on embarkation day.

4 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Yes it is very clear and I know that from past experiences and have also said that in other posts. The conversation with Oxo was about the unlimited drinks on our Sea Pass cards, whether they are loaded on the evening of "embarkation" and the night of the "Senior Officers party". The letter doesn't reference that. We always have the CBP so we've never asked the CC host. My "assumption" is no, the unlimited drinks are not loaded on our Sea Pass cards due to those two events.  As I posted before I'm planning on asking (out of curiosity) the CC host on our upcoming Summit cruise.  

Prior to February 2019 the CC only loaded CC HH drinks on our Sea Pass cards on limited cruises (large number of top 3 tier members) and the drinks at that time were limited to three.

Excluding Embarkation day is clear.  As far as I can remember embarkation day has always been excluded on all versions of this benefit. I am not sure why RCL is different.  I have always felt that Celebrity has excluded that day, so they can maximize the drink revenue on the first night.  The first night is likely a busy drink night.  For Celebrity it has the added benefit of avoiding any conflicts with staggered and late boarding times.

I suspect the night of the Senior Officer party is not excluded, since it does  not exclude that night on the letter. Personally I think that night is not excluded because of the large number of people that are eligible for the Party.  (Celebrity could not handle it if everyone showed up).  This is the same reason Celebrity eliminated the need to go to a set location to enjoy the complimentary drinks.

Over  the last several years, Celebrity has listened to their customers.  Celebrity has significantly improved this cocktail hour drink benefit for cruisers without an alcoholic drink package.  Unlimited drinks from a nice list of drinks for two hours except on embarkation day, while maintains a cocktail party if people wish to attend.  Yet, people still complain.

4 minutes ago, dazey said:

We will be reaching elite status finally.  However, since we always get the upgraded drink package I do not see now that it there is a big advantage.  I was so looking forward to being elite.....

There are also other great perks/benefits that go along with being elite. We always get the BP and still attended the evening CC HH. 

Edited by davekathy