Question about buckets of beer

Funatabi

Buckets of beer are reasonably priced, compared to buying each can separately. As a relatively inexperienced solo traveler new to HAL, I know that I cannot (and don't want to) drink 5 cans of beer at one time.  I know that if I do not drink all of the 5 beers in the bucket at  the same bar after I buy them, I can take any unopened cans to my stateroom. But I personally do not like to drink alcohol in my stateroom.

So, my questions are:

Can I bring any of the unopened cans to another bar or area of the ship and drink them there? such as the pool area? 

I surely don't think that I can take them to the MDR and Lido. 

On the next day,  for example, can I bring unopened cans back to a bar or area of the ship and drink them there?

And could I even exchange them for ice-cold ones? 

Considering the circumstances, I am thinking that my best option to save a few bucks is to wait for happy hour and buy just a couple of beers at a time.  

Thanks.

7 minutes ago, Brewgirl1 said:

Can I save up a few beers and bring them in my collapsable cooler to Half Moon Cay??

I honestly don't know; I've never done it.  I don't see why not, though, as long as you purchased them on the ship.  There must not be any restrictions on bringing food/drink to the island since the ships do it to cater the lunch.  You could always ask onboard and see what they say.  No harm in asking.

1 hour ago, Brewgirl1 said:

Can I save up a few beers and bring them in my collapsable cooler to Half Moon Cay??

Don’t see why not but how will you keep them cold?

For what a beer or two costs at HMC for me, it wouldn’t be worth the aggravation.

I’d just get a cold one on the island 🤗  😄😉 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Brewgirl1 said:

Yes brewgirl1 you certainly can.  We always bring a packable collapsible cooler. We use it in our cabin and generally stay in a suite but prefer extremely icy cold beverages (beer, sodas, champagne, coffee creamer, etc.) Your cabin stewards will be happy to fill it with ice for in cabin use (Fridge is just generally on the verge of cool) or for a takeaway on excursions.  We find it easier on our cabin stewards and us than to provide or call for ice morning noon and night in the sweating metal ice buckets. 

Stock up during happy hour and have a great day at HMC...      

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Crusinsusan2 said:

Yes brewgirl1 you certainly can.  We always bring a packable collapsible cooler. We use it in our cabin and generally stay in a suite but prefer extremely icy cold beverages (beer, sodas, champagne, coffee creamer, etc.) Your cabin stewards will be happy to fill it with ice for in cabin use (Fridge is just generally on the verge of cool) or for a takeaway on excursions.  We find it easier on our cabin stewards and us than to provide or call for ice morning noon and night in the sweating metal ice buckets. 

Stock up during happy hour and have a great day at HMC...      

We, too, always pack a collapsible cooler.  Upon arrival, we request our cabin stewards to put ice in it in the morning when they service our cabin and we're good to go until the next morning when they refill it again.  That way, we don't have to bother them throughout the day.

On our recent Zuiderdam cruise, they actually filled it twice a day, so we could sell ice to the Eskimos!  Best cabin stewards!

Edited by Skipper's Mom

Happy hours seem to vary from ship to ship. Usually there is one around 4-5 and often another around 9-10. I have heard reports that the happy hours are running longer on some ships, but I do not know if you can count on that. 

Happy hour beers are an even better deal than the buckets - Buy one (beer, not a bucket!) and get the second for $2. 

Some BB Kings have happy hour prices between the band's sets.

• Like 1