Equinox Aqua Class Cabin selection

waggles02673

This is a much discussed topic.  Midship AQ cabins will have an overhang above your balcony.  It will be shady virtually all of the time.  Many are also under the pool deck.  Some here complain of noise, others see no issue.  Forward AQ cabins have no overhang, and are much closer to the gym and Thermal Suites.  Some, however, are under the treadmills and that's also an issue for some.   A few are under the AQ Cafe and dish clanging is an issue for some.  I prefer 1540, starboard.  It's far enough away from the window washer so as not to obstruct, and it's under the hair salon.  Quiet from above.  The service door across the hall has never bothered us. Reflection's extra deck is a bit different.  The salon is port.   Enjoy!

Edited by marieps

2 hours ago, marieps said:

This is a much discussed topic.  Midship AQ cabins will have an overhang above your balcony.  It will be shady virtually all of the time.  Many are also under the pool deck.  Some here complain of noise, others see no issue.  Forward AQ cabins have no overhang, and are much closer to the gym and Thermal Suites.  Some, however, are under the treadmills and that's also an issue for some.   A few are under the AQ Cafe and dish clanging is an issue for some.  I prefer 1540, starboard.  It's far enough away from the window washer so as not to obstruct, and it's under the hair salon.  Quiet from above.  The service door across the hall has never bothered us. Reflection's extra deck is a bit different.  The salon is port.   Enjoy!

Stop giving away our secrets!! Haha!   Kim

Last year we had cabin 1610. Large balcony , nice room placement near elevators. Zero noise from above as the full moon party was moved inside for  due to rain . Thank goodness. This year 12/2019 we stayed in 1549 . Window washer equipment was a none issue. Balcony was in total shade due to overhang & noise from above was early in am chairs dragging . 

Our experience was in 1573 - I am an exceptionally light sleeper and need heavy shade. Agree with Maisyboo.

The most disturbing noise was from cabins on either side and the hallway. But, every morning we heard the chairs or carts being moved by the crew overhead - about 6:15 - however even I could roll over and go back to sleep, so I didn't consider it too disturbing. The deep overhang was wonderful for me. There was very little noise out on the balcony from the pool deck, when the ship was underway you couldn't hear music, etc, in port at most muted music - again, your neighbors will be the loudest because they are close.

We no longer book aqua class on S class ships.....Our preference is booking a 1A cabin with a larger balcony.  On M class, we prefer aqua, deck 11 rear facing cabins on M-class or A2's under the buffet area which is carpeted on deck 9.   Having said that, on most cruises, the up price for Aqua just isn't worth it...Blu is nice, but not worth more than maybe $30 a day pp.  

3 hours ago, ghstudio said:

We no longer book aqua class on S class ships.....Our preference is booking a 1A cabin with a larger balcony.  On M class, we prefer aqua, deck 11 rear facing cabins on M-class or A2's under the buffet area which is carpeted on deck 9.   Having said that, on most cruises, the up price for Aqua just isn't worth it...Blu is nice, but not worth more than maybe $30 a day pp.  

We book AQ on S class not only for Blu (so much nicer for breakfast, as well as dinner IMHO) but for access to the Thermal Suites, close proximity to the gym and solarium (we book forward) and for the upgraded shower. The latter is only a slight plus.

My preference would be any of the A1 Hump Cabins -  1547, 1549, 1552, 1554, 1599, 1601, 1605, 1605, 1606, 1608 or 1610

I  just finished booking a B2B2B and originally could only get one hump cabin and found one cabin 1566 was open for all 3 cruises.   I decided to try it out so we would not have to move cabins.   I hope I made a good decision.    It looks like it might be under Slush

On 12/16/2019 at 9:03 AM, ghstudio said:

we have done the same.   With the money saved we could do a specialty dining pack if we felt the need.

Breakfast in the MDR is just as good if not better.  They serve the same juices,  and pastries and a larger menu selection.  Was always able to get a table for two.

MDR dining isn’t as bad as many make it out to be and after a while the Blu menu gets boring and many in Blu will request entrees from the MDR if possible.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅