Can my TA Cancel My Cruise?

TBone2K

4 minutes ago, TBone2K said:

If I got into a disagreement about payment with my TA after I paid in full, is it possible for them to cancel my cruise? It's already registered and I can see it on my RC account.

They can do anything to your cruise, including cancelling.

However, there are some extenuating circumstances whereby Royal will take the cruise away from the TA, such as if the TA is not responsive.  This might be difficult to do if you are already paid in full, but if you think you have a case, contact RC.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

of course they can if you didn't follow the terms and conditions you agreed to when making your booking.

You are the TA's customer. Not the cruiselines customer. Only when you board the ship do you become the cruiselines customer.

Edited by klfrodo

They can pretty much do anything they want . Its not nice . Thus is why I became  one and handle all my own stuff LOL. They call and say I am a TA I am calling about yada yada . Do this or  this Including cancelling any refund would go back to your CC.  Hopefully you get this resolved. If their is a parent company and  you cant resolve your differences you could try calling them . 

10 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

They can do anything to your cruise, including cancelling.

However, there are some extenuating circumstances whereby Royal will take the cruise away from the TA, such as if the TA is not responsive.  This might be difficult to do if you are already paid in full, but if you think you have a case, contact RC.

We had this exact problem with a TA.  Not answering emails, never available by phone, etc.  Royal was very willing to take the cruise away from the TA even after we had paid in full.

3 hours ago, crazyank said:

We had this exact problem with a TA.  Not answering emails, never available by phone, etc.  Royal was very willing to take the cruise away from the TA even after we had paid in full.

Thanks for the update, I didn't know if it was possible afetr final payment had been made.

On 12/17/2019 at 8:17 AM, Tulsacoker said:

seems like a suspicious thread ... and I wasted my popcorn

Popcorn is never a waste!

Anyway, we aren't supposed to name TAs, but I wouldn't even normally deal with this company. Just they are the only way to use my particular points to buy a cruise. Would definitely not use them again either after waiting 5 hours on hold to speak to an agent (again, can't book online using points).

Since it sounds possible, rather than having told hold again for any further problems, I'm going to see if I can get RC to take control of the reservation and maybe even hand it off to my regular TA.

As for the credit card, I'm checking into other points programs, but generally the point value is pretty low on most of them for anything but flights.