Volendam still have her library?

dawei

Getting close to the Grand S. America and would like to know if the Volendam still has her real library with books beyond the coffee table variety like the HAL ships that have been "upgraded" to no library at all (IMHO). The answer will be appreciated as it will help me know if I need to have a Kindle with me or not needed.

David 

6 minutes ago, dawei said:

Getting close to the Grand S. America and would like to know if the Volendam still has her real library with books beyond the coffee table variety like the HAL ships that have been "upgraded" to no library at all (IMHO). The answer will be appreciated as it will help me know if I need to have a Kindle with me or not needed.

David 

All six (2 "S" and 4 "R"-class) "small" ships should still have their full libraries although I'm not 100% sure about Maasdam since her "transformation" to EXC vessel. The Crow's Nest EXC program was never planned for those six ships, rather only for the Vista-class and up  

Edited by Copper10-8

1 hour ago, Copper10-8 said:

All six (2 "S" and 4 "R"-class) "small" ships should still have their full libraries although I'm not 100% sure about Maasdam since her "transformation" to EXC vessel. The Crow's Nest EXC program was never planned for those six ships, rather only for the Vista-class and up  

We have just done a cruise on the Maasdam, and thankfully it still has its library.  I could have sworn I was on the Volendam, they were so alike.  I hope HAL keeps those libraries as they are one of the best rooms on these ships.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ozcruizer said:

We have just done a cruise on the Maasdam, and thankfully it still has its library.  I could have sworn I was on the Volendam, they were so alike.  I hope HAL keeps those libraries as they are one of the best rooms on these ships.

They should be able to remain until all six ships leave the fleet

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

They should be able to remain until all six ships leave the fleet

Thanks John! That makes me happy with our up coming trip on Rotterdam!!!

Hope all is well with you my friend up in LA! Have a Merry Christmas Happy Holidays!

Nice down south today in Leucadia!

Denise😊

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Hope all is well with you my friend up in LA! Have a Merry Christmas Happy Holidays!

Denise😊

And back to you Denise! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and yours!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Denise😊

Rotterdam’s library is very nice. 😄  Quite gorgeous and very spacious.

I watched new to cruisers on HAL totally enchanted with it. 

It is really nice.  I would put it 2nd to the Prinsendam’s (but I haven’t been on the Amsterdam).

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, kazu said:

Rotterdam’s library is very nice. 😄  Quite gorgeous and very spacious.

I watched new to cruisers on HAL totally enchanted with it. 

It is really nice.  I would put it 2nd to the Prinsendam’s (but I haven’t been on the Amsterdam).

Oh Jacqui how are you? Hope doggies and & Jose are wonderful!!!! Merry Christmas 

to you! I so wished we could of been on the Prinsendam before she left 😞

I will look forward to your live on Amsterdam!! 25 year Anniversary 👍

Take care Jacqui

Denise😊

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Oh Jacqui how are you? Hope doggies and & Jose are wonderful!!!! Merry Christmas 

to you! I so wished we could of been on the Prinsendam before she left 😞

I will look forward to your live on Amsterdam!! 25 year Anniversary 👍

Take care Jacqui

Denise😊

Thanks Denise,

No LIVES from the Amsterdam, sorry.

It will be the Zuiderdam when we do the TA and head to Galicia and the Noordam when we head to Japan assuming people will put up with it 😉 

1 minute ago, kazu said:

Thanks Denise,

No LIVES from the Amsterdam, sorry.

It will be the Zuiderdam when we do the TA and head to Galicia and the Noordam when we head to Japan assuming people will put up with it 😉 

Got it😉 Got it confused🤦‍♀️ ! Great trip for you guys coming up! Enjoy

Denise😊

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Nice down south today in Leucadia!board

Denise😊

I was on Rotterdam for 32 days in Oct./Nov.  The library (3 rooms) was my hangout most every day that we were at sea.  So many passengers doing puzzles, games, computer stuff.  Great way to meet people.  During the last portion of the cruise there was a renovation of the old "Mix" area to a Billbord Onboard venue, new carpet, upholstered seating upgrade, all looked very nice. The bar area is unchanged  The Lincoln Center venue was also a great upgrade, was packed every performance.  My first time on that ship. loved it.

2 hours ago, BJzink said:

I was on Rotterdam for 32 days in Oct./Nov.  The library (3 rooms) was my hangout most every day that we were at sea.  So many passengers doing puzzles, games, computer stuff.  Great way to meet people.  During the last portion of the cruise there was a renovation of the old "Mix" area to a Billbord Onboard venue, new carpet, upholstered seating upgrade, all looked very nice. The bar area is unchanged  The Lincoln Center venue was also a great upgrade, was packed every performance.  My first time on that ship. loved it.

WOW THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE UPDATE!! That makes me happy. 
This will be our first on her too!  This will be our 12th upcoming cruise in March with HAL.

Denise😊

• Like 1

We were on the Volendam last month and can report that is still had a substantial library that included a very good assortment of reference books that dealt with South America and Antartica. If you read German there was an unusually large number of books in the non-fiction area. If you are addicted to spy/police fiction, the assortment is somewhat lacking but probably enough for the 30 day cruise. Hope you enjoy it all. Crossing my fingers that we'll be able todo this one next year.