Your favorite Diamond lounge

3 minutes ago, ILCTCRUISER said:

Last August on Radiance, as I recall now, there were 7 P and 75-80 D+.    CL was never really overcrowded and once first seating kicked in there were always a good number of empty seats.

That was true in our case on our 2017 Radiance Alaska cruise as well. We always dine at late seating so the D lounge was clearing out as we always go when their seating starts.. Great service!

Our last cruise on the Adventure repositioning cruise from Quebec City to Ft Lauderdale was packed in both the D lounge and the overflow in the Imperial lounge on deck 5. Service was aweful. They just did not have enough servers for the large crowds.

2 hours ago, ILCTCRUISER said:

Last August on Radiance, as I recall now, there were 7 P and 75-80 D+.    CL was never really overcrowded and once first seating kicked in there were always a good number of empty seats.

On Radiance and Ovation sailing this past July it was very quiet in the CL.  The DL on Ovation had a bigger crowd than Radiance.  DL and CL on Explorer in 2018 were also very quiet.  

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

And that's why banning D+ to the DL is silly on some cruises

Not defending RCL here.  It created the C&A program.  It created the levels and the cruse points/nights for each level.   It created the lounges.  It has a  problem (largely caused by the growing numbers of D and above) and it's a problem I think many could see taking shape over the years.  At least, many cruisers saw it coming.  RCL has made changes to the C&A program over the years and the nature of each change really determined the amount and the intensity of the pushback.  D+  losing access to CLs?  Well, I'm not happy about it.  I also know that on some classes of ship we've preferred the DL over the CL (Freedom- and Voyager-class CLs of old).  Often, the DL overflow areas make for more congenial areas than the actual lounges.  But isn't it a case that RCL will be damned if they do and damned if they don't?   I feel the real mistake RCL is making is not stepping forward, admitting the problem, making the change and making it consistently throughout the fleet, announcing it, and then moving forward.  Isn't that how corporations should deal with problems?  RCL's approach simply prolongs the controversy and, for some, the angst.  You want to turn to the decision makers within RCL and say:  Just do it!  Cut out all of the mystery and intrigue.

• Like 2