Your favorite Diamond lounge

13 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

Just an FYI — 2020 changes.  Got off Grandeur yesterday.  CL is now officially Pinnacle and Suites only.  Sign placed on doorway to lounge.  Lounge was very “lonely”.  Very few people, if any, both day and night.  Katherine

Which is sad, and surprising they would do that.  The number of full suites on the little Vision class ships are very limited.  It would only be the amount of Pinnies that would add to filling the seats.  Limited to no Pinnies on board will really keep it empty...which means the staff does not have much to do. Empty lounge...empty pockets as to tip money for the concierge, bartender, waiters in the CL.  Just not enough suites to fill the CL.  Shame.  

And don't feel alone...I have received two emails now that kicks out D+ from the CL for our upcoming Vision cruise out of PR...both the 18th and 25th sailing.  Expecting to get another one for our 2/1 sailing.  😞  

14 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

Just an FYI — 2020 changes.  Got off Grandeur yesterday.  CL is now officially Pinnacle and Suites only.  Sign placed on doorway to lounge.  Lounge was very “lonely”.  Very few people, if any, both day and night.  Katherine

Interesting.

I would have thought that with the many "experienced" (i.e. older) , repeat cruisers on Grandeur, there would have been a ton of Pinnacles.

Maybe they all flew south for the winter?

1 hour ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Thanks everyone for your input!  I have mixed emotions- we have to put our cruising on hold for a bit, so we won’t make diamond next year.  But... we just bought a nicer cabin up north, so that is good 🙂. Hopefully we can make diamond in ‘22 🙂

Congrats on the nicer cabin.

While you may have to supply your own drinks and appetizers, at least you don't have to very about overcrowding, long lines,  people flaunting their status and you'll always be able to get a window seat! 😉😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Congrats on the nicer cabin.

While you may have to supply your own drinks and appetizers, at least you don't have to very about overcrowding, long lines,  people flaunting their status and you'll always be able to get a window seat! 😉😁

Have not experienced that pur past 6 cruises.  Alaska is pretty tame with suite guests and higher tier members.  Had no problems on Liberry this past Nov on any of these complaints.  Haven't experienced  window seat vultures.on Serenade so far.  Though I like sitting at the bar more.

• Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 2:38 PM, frank808 said:

I do too. Now it seems as of Jan sailings we lowly D+ do not have access to the CL. Still stated on the T&C that D+ have access to a non existent benefit.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Could you please share what the CL is. We are on the Grandeur soon in a suite, so this may be something we might enjoy.

40 minutes ago, Carol28 said:

Could you please share what the CL is. We are on the Grandeur soon in a suite, so this may be something we might enjoy.

CL = Concierge Lounge.  On the Grandeur, it's on the forward / port side of the Viking Crown Lounge.

The lounge has a self serve coffee machine to make espresso, lattes, cappuccinos, etc.  Usually available 6 or 7 AM to 10 or 11 PM.

During happy hour (4:30 PM to 8 PM) there's a selection of free alcoholic / non-alcoholic drinks available plus hors d'oeuvres.

Edited by Another_Critic

21 hours ago, Carol28 said:

I am assuming you are in a Grand Suite or above.  Junior Suite guests sometimes get confused when they do not have access to the CL.  Kind of confusing when they see "suite" on their set sail pass, but find they don't get full suite benefits.  Enjoy your cruise and first visit to the CL!  🙂 

Edited by island lady

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, PIR8LUVR said:

Is it worse? That's a ship we are considering for our next cruise.

Since Izumi is up where the card rooms typically are on 14, they moved the SL to the space formerly known as DL, and put DL down in the old Cigar Lounge. Overflow is into the Star Lounge or whatever they call the lounge above the Theater

Some people have mentioned that they like the Diamond lounge on Vision class. We have not been on a Vision ship in ages. What are the pros of the Vision class DL's? They look like they are tucked away in the back of the main lounge on deck 6.

T

4 hours ago, 2chiefs said:

Some people have mentioned that they like the Diamond lounge on Vision class. We have not been on a Vision ship in ages. What are the pros of the Vision class DL's? They look like they are tucked away in the back of the main lounge on deck 6.

T

Wake view for one. The other is the proximity to the possible overflow lounge. 

Enchantment is different, though. Up in VCL

I enjoyed the DL on Voyager class, Freedom class. I do enjoy and like the Quantum class DL's as well.

Oh also loved the DL area on Serenade.

Favorite?  I'm going to have to say on the Anthem of the Seas. I just like the style of it.

Edited by Moltar

2 hours ago, Moltar said:

I enjoyed the DL on Voyager class, Freedom class. I do enjoy and like the Quantum class DL's as well.

Oh also loved the DL area on Serenade.

Favorite?  I'm going to have to say on the Anthem of the Seas. I just like the style of it.

Even with all the new occupants/refugees banished from the CL🤔

14 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Wake view for one. The other is the proximity to the possible overflow lounge. 

Enchantment is different, though. Up in VCL

Thanks... We'll have to try a Vision class again.

T

Edited by 2chiefs

We like most of the Voyager class, Freedom class and Radiance class ships where it's still up by the Viking Crown lounge with the beatiful views. I hope they don't go away.

On a recent Alaska cruise we spent most of our time up there with the beautiful views instead of on our (cold) balcony. We could have saved some money and just got an inside cabin LOL...

T

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 2chiefs said:

We like most of the Voyager class, Freedom class and Radiance class ships where it's still up by the Viking Crown lounge with the beatiful views. I hope they don't go away.

On a recent Alaska cruise we spent most of our time up there with the beautiful views instead of on our (cold) balcony. We could have saved some money and just got an inside cabin LOL...

T

I forgot to mention that it was never crowded at all. Not even during the happy hour. I wonder if there are just less D, D+ & P's on Alaska cruises?

T

8 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

I forgot to mention that it was never crowded at all. Not even during the happy hour. I wonder if there are just less D, D+ & P's on Alaska cruises?

T

I've heard that before. Probably a function of cost and travel distance/expense 

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I've heard that before. Probably a function of cost and travel distance/expense 

Last August on Radiance, as I recall now, there were 7 P and 75-80 D+.    CL was never really overcrowded and once first seating kicked in there were always a good number of empty seats.

1 minute ago, ILCTCRUISER said:

Last August on Radiance, as I recall now, there were 7 P and 75-80 D+.    CL was never really overcrowded and once first seating kicked in there were always a good number of empty seats.

And that's why banning D+ to the DL is silly on some cruises