Your favorite Diamond lounge

20 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

We want to book the ship with the best diamond lounge we haven’t been on yet.

Good to ask but no way would we book a ship based even on our past DL opinions/experiences and especially on another persons opinions/experiences of the DL for a specific ship, negative or positive.  IMO the responses to this thread are interesting but nothing that would convince us what's the best DL. Pick the itinerary and ship you like and go with an open mind and judge for yourself. I'd wager you're going to enjoy the DL and other perks/benefits no matter the ship as a newbie diamond. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Good to ask but no way would we book a ship based even on our past DL opinions/experiences and especially on another persons opinions/experiences of the DL for a specific ship, negative or positive.  IMO the responses to this thread are interesting but nothing that would convince us what's the best DL. Pick the itinerary and ship you like and go with an open mind and judge for yourself. I'd wager you're going to enjoy the DL and other perks/benefits no matter the ship as a newbie diamond. 

Agree completely.

That said I do enjoy lounges with adjacent outside space which is generally quiet compared to main deck. Sometimes overlooking volleyball court or rock walk for people watching. 

Just returned from Liberty and noticed the area is no longer exclusively for the lounge as the gate and notices on the stairs have been removed but it is tucked away and few people ventured there from the deck especially since they cannot exit through the lounge and need to go back the way they came.

1 minute ago, c-leg5 said:

Agree completely.

That said I do enjoy lounges with adjacent outside space which is generally quiet compared to main deck. Sometimes overlooking volleyball court or rock walk for people watching. 

Just returned from Liberty and noticed the area is no longer exclusively for the lounge as the gate and notices on the stairs have been removed but it is tucked away and few people ventured there from the deck especially since they cannot exit through the lounge and need to go back the way they came.

Can you leave the DL and go outside, or are you referring to the SL?

DL on Adventure uses the area for rock wall now

53 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Can you leave the DL and go outside, or are you referring to the SL?

DL on Adventure uses the area for rock wall now

You can go out of Diamond lounge to an area with seats and a couple of loungers. There are steps to the deck below. There is a notice on the door from the outside area to the diamond lounge which has a notice which says the lounge is restricted. 

Edited by c-leg5

35 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

You can go out of Diamond lounge to an area with seats and a couple of loungers. There are steps to the deck below. There is a notice on the door from the outside area to the diamond lounge which has a notice which says the lounge is restricted. 

Nice, will they serve drinks out there?

Where is the rock wall staging area?

13 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Nice, will they serve drinks out there?

Where is the rock wall staging area?

Never seen drinks served. You would need to bring them from Viking lounge. I guess they may serve evening drinks - I have never tried it, Diamond lounge is usually too busy in an evening so we prefer other bars or Viking overflow.

The are is to the side of climbing wall and overlooking basketball/volley ball.

Edited by c-leg5

12 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Never seen drinks served. You would need to bring them from Viking lounge. I guess they may serve evening drinks - I have never tried it, Diamond lounge is usually too busy in an evening so we prefer other bars or Viking overflow.

The are is to the side of climbing wall and overlooking basketball/volley ball.

I'm told the SL on Liberty is very nice in the outdoor area. They will serve drinks out there during happy Hour

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm told the SL on Liberty is very nice in the outdoor area. They will serve drinks out there during happy Hour

Yes probably the same. Like I said, way too busy during Happy Hour but very pleasant in the day.

I think perhaps we have been outside in the past at night but never thought about it these last two weeks. It’s been a while since we were on Liberty before that. We can only take so much Country and Western - that said, it was noticeably less on this sailing compared to previous sailings.

Edited by c-leg5
  • Haha 1

On 12/19/2019 at 10:30 AM, John&LaLa said:

Didn't see anyone sitting outside during happy hour during our time on Liberty.  More than enough open chairs and room in the SL.  I am pretty sure if you sat outside the waiter would get to you for a drink order. 

Now the DL was packed even when I visited until last call.  The first night, line to get to DL was put the door and hooked to the window seats.  Poor MJ (D concierge) stood at the door entrance that first night checking cards or his list.  

Back on topic, my favorite DL has been on the Freedom class ships.  

• Like 1

On 12/18/2019 at 8:05 PM, John&LaLa said:

Yep, Radiance Class DL's are only cool if they open the overflow into VCL. 

And agree again.  We prefer the CL to the DL on all four Radiance sisters.  Snag a couple of seats at the half circle bar, which suddenly become available just after first seating dining.  😉  Love the optional outside seating area also.  

On 12/19/2019 at 12:08 PM, davekathy said:

Agree as usual my DS friend.   If I had to chose the best time in a lounge...believe it or not...it would be Majesty's D, D+, Pinnacle, Suite "event"  up in the VCL.  Which many times takes up the whole thing.  Superior munchies, (including sushi!), great service, and fantastic full circle view.  🙂  But only bad thing...no coffee machine.  😞 

• Like 1