What's changed since 2015?

LissyTx

7 minutes ago, rkd1 said:

We went to chops this week on Enchantment, we won't be going again.

Chops seems to be hit or miss had some bad meals a few years ago, last couple of years it was ok , even did it twice on oasis , I thought Giovanni’s has went downhill.

3 minutes ago, George C said:

Chops seems to be hit or miss had some bad meals a few years ago, last couple of years it was ok , even did it twice on oasis , I thought Giovanni’s has went downhill.

We just spent two weeks on Adventure.  Never did a specialty venue. We did enjoy multiple versions of stir fry up in the Jammer 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

That's true for Visa points OBC.  However for Next Cruise OBC or GAP (group booking) OBC, those show up right after booking.

I did not know this -- thanks for the info!

15 minutes ago, rkd1 said:

We went to chops this week on Enchantment, we won't be going again.

We used to go to Chops every cruise, always had a good experience.  But I've seen enough comments like this now to dissuade me from asking my family to spend $$ for a not-so-special meal.  Which is a bummer.

32 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We just spent two weeks on Adventure.  Never did a specialty venue. We did enjoy multiple versions of stir fry up in the Jammer 

We will have to try the stir fry station...

The Windjammer is pitiful on Explorer. I’ve never seen anything like it. Maybe it’s the new normal but it’s like a high school cafeteria. Zero quality or flavor, it’s like they aren’t even trying. A lot of random variations of cheap food. Overcooked pasta,  canned sauces sauces, McDonald’s style burgers, watery salad dressings. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

We will have to try the stir fry station...

The Windjammer is pitiful on Explorer. I’ve never seen anything like it. Maybe it’s the new normal but it’s like a high school cafeteria. Zero quality or flavor, it’s like they aren’t even trying. A lot of random variations of cheap food. Overcooked pasta,  canned sauces sauces, McDonald’s style burgers, watery salad dressings. 

It's more of a Mongolian Grill. And pasta half the time. But I've learned to turn anything into stir fry with some scrounging.

Symphony,  Harmony, and now Oasis have dedicated stir fry setups.  They rock

17 hours ago, LissyTx said:

What's new?

I haven't cruised Royal in about 4 years.  What's new or changed since I last cruised?  (Besides new ships.  I mean things I might want to be aware of when cruising in a few weeks.)

Thanks!

Melissa

If you are in the top three of the C&A club you can now order the C&A HH drinks (3 loaded on your Sea Pass card each evening) in the dining venues as long it's within the C&A HHs. 

9 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Nope, except for continental breakfast in the morning, it's now $8 plus 18% per order.

Oh my gosh, $8?!?   Ugh.   We defected to Disney (b/c of having a toddler/little girl) and the up front price is much more but you are not nickel and dimed for nearly as many things.

I remember long waits for room service delivery.  Is it at least quick now with the fee?    Thank you!

11 minutes ago, LissyTx said:

Oh my gosh, $8?!?   Ugh.   We defected to Disney (b/c of having a toddler/little girl) and the up front price is much more but you are not nickel and dimed for nearly as many things.

I remember long waits for room service delivery.  Is it at least quick now with the fee?    Thank you!

Nope. Just as bad from our experience. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, George C said:

We have enjoyed our meals at Chops on Grandeur.

But I agree Giovanni's is iffy.   Last time, had an interesting chat with the chef.  After the "grilled" shrimp had no grill marks.  And they pre-made the carbonara sauce, which is NOT good.

1 hour ago, SRF said:

We have enjoyed our meals at Chops on Grandeur.

But I agree Giovanni's is iffy.   Last time, had an interesting chat with the chef.  After the "grilled" shrimp had no grill marks.  And they pre-made the carbonara sauce, which is NOT good.

Giovanni’s used to have a Italian or at least a European staff that could recognize Italian food , have not seen that in a few cruises. 

14 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Corkage fees for wine added back.

Any corkage fees for champagne?

Four of us decided to share a bottle of champagne for breakfast, with orange juice, and turned it into mimosas.  The headwaiter gladly popped the cork and placed the bottle inside a bucket of ice.......no corkage fees....did we get lucky?

1 minute ago, bonsai3s said:

Any corkage fees for champagne?

Four of us decided to share a bottle of champagne for breakfast, with orange juice, and turned it into mimosas.  The headwaiter gladly popped the cork and placed the bottle inside a bucket of ice.......no corkage fees....did we get lucky?

Yes, you got lucky.  Champagne is wine and if it was brought on the ship, then it is subject to corkage fee.

On 12/18/2019 at 11:08 PM, George C said:

4 years ago they seemed to sometimes have somewhat of a dress code now they don’t 

Are you sure about that? I wore shorts for dinner in the main dining room one night, and they kicked me off the ship the next day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, moopetguy said:

Are you sure about that? I wore shorts for dinner in the main dining room one night, and they kicked me off the ship the next day.

One could only hope that was true 😁😁😁😁

Edited by George C
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, moopetguy said:

9 hours ago, George C said:

One could only hope that was true 😁😁😁😁

Probably true in that it was the last night he wore shorts and the next day was disembarkation.

• Thanks 1