Recently Cruised or Currently Cruising on Voyager

Gidday fellow cruisers!

I understand that Johnny Rockets is no longer on VOTS due to the recently questionable amping Voyager underwent.

Are the JR products, specifically the Apple Pie and the Milkshakes available elsewhere on the ship?

Thank you.

TraceyG😀

2 hours ago, dandtgeddes said:

Gidday fellow cruisers!

I understand that Johnny Rockets is no longer on VOTS due to the recently questionable amping Voyager underwent.

Are the JR products, specifically the Apple Pie and the Milkshakes available elsewhere on the ship?

Thank you.

TraceyG😀

Doubtful, that pie is one of the few things they ship in from the supplier

7 hours ago, dandtgeddes said:

Gidday fellow cruisers!

Thank you.

TraceyG😀

Not specifically JR milkshakes, but Ben & Jerry's offers them.

Thank you for your replies!

The JR apple pie is a special treat for DS, we don't have that style of pie in NZ, at least not where we live.

Wonder if RCI will amend our BOGO free JR milkshake for the Ben & Jerry's version.

Losing JR is a bit of a stinker for our family, we usually have a dinner in there one night of the cruise, love the atmosphere and the food is good.

TraceyG😀

22 minutes ago, dandtgeddes said:

Thank you for your replies!

Aside from the addition of the Laser Tag & Waterslides this AMPed thing really isn't working for me.

So much was promised.

I am sure the whanau (family) will still have a lovely cruise.

TraceyG😀

Just got off voyager this morning.

No JR it’s now adventure ocean.

We had the Hamburger Royal a couple of times.Very very good.Its with room service.

Yes we did get short changed with the make over. A lot of things where half done.

They have put in a lot of cane furniture which won’t last a year,some of the carpet is had it already.Must have been cheap.

The diamond lounge is a dungeon with 34 seats ,we had almost 270 diamond or above.

Not a lot of C&A members onboard Where happy ,lucky we had a full suite.

Oh the water slide isn’t suitable for adults,I got stuck. I thought they would have to rescue but I got out.

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I was on the same cruise and while not everything was perfect it was still wonderful. Maybe a little crowded at times but if you picked the right places fine. I never struggled to get a drink quickly and efficiently, cafe promenade was quick at all times (faster than my local coffee shop) and food was always delicious and hot in the MDR and served with a smile.

The one thing that bugged me were the constant whinges and whines from the more experienced about every little thing. Trivia wass running a few minutes late and they were up in arms about how it was ruining their cruise. Activities held in the star lounge were ruining the atmosphere of the diamond overflow. For god sakes these people sit there drink nothing but water until happy hour comes and then go to town and complain that the company should respect those that have made them the money. They spend the least of all, and are just diamond because they are old enough. 

These same people write down every trivia answer and keep the sheets just in case the answers come up another time.

Not going to comment on the windjammer as it is not my scene and only went there once briefly.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This is so annoying, was looking forward to going to JR on our cruise in Feb. Salt in the wound: JR's is still part of the official onobard dining options on the RCI website for Voyager.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Wow!  Just...wow!  Someone posted in another Voyager roll call about some negative reviews of this ship posted in the past year or two.  I searched and found this thread.  If removing Johnny Rockets ruined someone's cruise, that shocks me.  Seriously?  We are booked on Voyager in May 2022 for Scandinavian cruise and then again in Sept 2022 for Copenhagen to Boston.  Still looking to see what is so 'negative' about this ship.  Thus far, the only valuable observations I have read is the small size of the Diamond Lounge.  That lets me know we need to plan accordingly.