2 night cruise

bodee

I wasn't aware that they were doing that. We did a 2 night cruise to nowhere once, which aren't being offered any longer. It was a quick getaway and everyone was trying to cram a week's worth of activity into the 2 nights but it got us hooked on cruising. We might consider doing one if we could tack it on to a longer cruise (or the beginning or end of a land vacation in the port city).

We did a two day on Horizon and had a great time, it goes by quick though.  The only gotcha is the price, some two day cruises are more expensive than a 3 or 4 day.  There's not much to do at Nassau, water is cold at this time of the year and you might also encounter jelly fish.  We ended up doing an excursion to see the Atlantis aquarium, also gives you access to walk the property which was nice.  Go for it, better than staying in town.

We did a 2 night cruise to Nassau on the Fascination several years ago. It was supposed to be a 3 night cruise but it was modified to a 2 night cruise due to Hurricane Katrina hitting Miami the night before. It was a last minute thing (literally, we got a call at 10am from Carnival offering this modified itinerary for $49pp, best cabin available).

Long story short, we took it and had a nice little getaway. Better than sitting at home with no electricity due to the hurricane that had blown through the day before! Needless to say, it was a very short getaway, barely enough time to even register, but it was good to be on a ship. 

Under different circumstances, and if I hadn’t lived 35 minutes from the port at the time, it’s not something that I would’ve considered as a planned vacation. Too rushed and it didn’t feel like a cruise. More like going to a hotel for 2 nights. 

I’ve also taken a 2 night cruise in the past aboard the Oceanbreeze from the defunct Imperial Majesty Cruise Lines which used to operate year round 2 night cruises from Ft Lauderdale.  As our 2 night cruise on Carnival, it was a very quick getaway, but it was better than staying home.

FYI, Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line operates year round daily 2 night cruises from the port of Palm Beach, aboard the former Carnival Celebration, and the former Costa Classica. Celebration sails to Grand Bahama Island and Classica sails to Nassau. I’ve seen fares as low as $49 plus taxes. I think it’s a good option for those wishing to take an inexpensive mini getaway. The fact that this cruise line offers daily departures year round makes it very easy to plan a last minute getaway or as an add-on to a longer vacation, specially if the dates when these rare short 2 night cruises offered by the majors don’t work. 

Edited by Tapi
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, coevan said:

We would rather spend 2 days in Miami or the Keys. We feel the hassle of embarkation and debarkation are too timely. Check into a nice hotel, always a lounge chair by the pool and a great selection of international foods.

I spend my life in Miami, I wanna get out of here. 😁