Questions on EZ Air Seat Selection on BA / AA

orientodyssey

Booked Princess cruise and EZ Air on Business Class on a very good flexible rate.  First three segments are on BA, the fourth segment is on AA flight number (operated by BA). I was able to select and secure seats on all first three BA flights.  But the last segment with AA flight number shows seat map not available (although it is also a BA flight) and says I can only get seats upon check in.

Also I noted the last segment AA (operated by BA) was on a different confirmation number.  Called EZ Air, the agent also says she can not pull seat maps from the last segment.  On both AA & BA's web site I can locate the booking, but the last segment all shows assign seats at check in.  It is strange that all first three BA segment seat selection were all assigned and confirmed.

Anyone had experienced this before, and how do you deal with it?  Do you call AA, or BA or Princess EZ Air to solve this?  It seems the problem lies in the fact that it is a AA code share flight number, but operated by BA.  

2 minutes ago, orientodyssey said:

Booked Princess cruise and EZ Air on Business Class on a very good flexible rate.  First three segments are on BA, the fourth segment is on AA flight number (operated by BA). I was able to select and secure seats on all first three BA flights.  But the last segment with AA flight number shows seat map not available (although it is also a BA flight) and says I can only get seats upon check in.

Also I noted the last segment AA (operated by BA) was on a different confirmation number.  Called EZ Air, the agent also says she can not pull seat maps from the last segment.  On both AA & BA's web site I can locate the booking, but the last segment all shows assign seats at check in.  It is strange that all first three BA segment seat selection were all assigned and confirmed.

Anyone had experienced this before, and how do you deal with it?  Do you call AA, or BA or Princess EZ Air to solve this?  It seems the problem lies in the fact that it is a AA code share flight number, but operated by BA.  

I noticed that with mine too.  I went to the 'other' airlines website, put in my confirmation or recorder # and was able to choose my seat for that one segment, making my selections complete.  I hope this helps.

I can't help with your actual problem but.

We are travelling Auckland-Singapore; Singapore-Dubai and then  Singapore-Auckland on the same booking booked direct with Singapore Air.  We can book seats (and pay for them) on the Singapore-Dubai leg but not on either of the other two legs.

Orientodyssey:

It has been explained to me that not all airlines used by EZAir allow seat selection until either full payment of the cruise/airline ticket...or ..at the gate.  American Airlines was one of the airlines I was told did not assign seats from the beginning.  Delta is one of the airlines that will allow you to book seats from the beginning. Also double check that the airline chosen has your frequent flyer info..this also helps.

I am using EZAir in March.,  My first selection of Delta/Quantas..only allowed me to select seats on first segment (Delta)  ..Quantas said not available.  I ended up using EZAir Delta/Delta and was able to select both segment seats.

Delta, however, does have a habit of changing seats and never notifying passengers.  So you need to constantly keep an eye on your seats..this is any Delta flight..They changed my Aruba seat this year and Florida this year..I had to call to ask for different seats. Since my husband and I had different confirmation numbers..we were seated on opposite ends of the plane.  

Brandee

AA will assign seats as soon as EZair books the flights.  We have two cruises this year requiring air travel and I have been able to go onto the AA website to get seat assignments as soon as I knew the reservation code.  One trip is domestic and one is overseas.  

In our experience with BA and AA some flights were not available for seats until 24 hours prior.

In one case it was at check in.

It had nothing to do with the tickets being issued/paid for.

We found Lufthansa the same way, 24 hours prior only. (unless you had some sort of airline status)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for the helpful info!  Usually most airlines allow business class pax to pre-select seats at time of booking.  BA is a rare exception - they always charge if you want to secure your seats even in business class.  However with EZ Air I was able to select seats with BA flight number - which was a big pleasant surprise.  (If I booked with BA directly I would have been charged to get seats selected).  I am really quite happy about that.  The problem is the last segment of my return flight, which has an AA flight number, and operated by BA.  Both AA & BA web site shows unable to assign seats / select seats 24 hours before departure.  It could have been any reason - maybe because the arrangement between AA & BA, or I have not paid and ticketed as yet, or simply could be that BA is switching air plane type and the seat plan is not yet finalized as the flight is for August (that segment was usually flied by BA's 777, they are in the process of assigning planes with newly renovated business class suites which will certainly change the seat configuration.  Last week I just found out they suddenly changed that particular flight to 787......seems nothing is finalized as yet for Aug, 2020)  

Anyway I really appreciate all of your input.  I enjoyed dealing with EZ Air, which certainly gave me the best price on my booking.   A BIG THANK YOU.......  Happy Cruising. 

Business Class is treated differently, but I think the issue was AA code-sharing.  Too bad you couldn't change the last leg to BA direct (or perhaps it cost more).  I have AA Premium Economy reservation (BA operated) for Oct 2020 and I cannot select seat until ticketed.  Once ticketed, it should be fine and no charge I believe.  Have same issue with the return flight (another city; another airline).  Sometimes, it isn't possible, or financially in best interest, to select airline that allows immediate seat selection via EZ-Air.  When I was making the booking, I did look at Business Class booking for price and I could have selected seats on all flights right in EZ-Air - and that included an AA flight operated by BA (JFK-LHR).

Edited by steelers36