Advanced Speciality Restaurant Reservations

roger001

For the past several cruises with suite booking, even though I would try to book restaurant reservations several months in advance, the NCL site showed them frequently not available except for very limited hour availability.  So I would contact the Concierge desk by email, ask them to make the reservations for us.  I usually had a response in just a few hours and with the times requested reserved.   This next cruise when trying to book 60 days out, same thing,  very limited availability.  Emailed the Concierge desk.   Several days to respond and then only the following.  I've followed up with them twice saying that previously they fixed it quickly before sailing.  Nope.  No longer can they do that.  Must wait until on board before finding out is our requested times were reserved.  Their answer.  Not much help.  

"The ship only gives us 25% of the floorplan for pre reservations, the other 75% is held by the ship. Your concierge onboard will download all the dinner requests about 2-3 days prior to sailing. Please confirm with them upon arrival."    

37 minutes ago, roger001 said:

For the past several cruises with suite booking, even though I would try to book restaurant reservations several months in advance, the NCL site showed them frequently not available except for very limited hour availability.  So I would contact the Concierge desk by email, ask them to make the reservations for us.  I usually had a response in just a few hours and with the times requested reserved.   This next cruise when trying to book 60 days out, same thing,  very limited availability.  Emailed the Concierge desk.   Several days to respond and then only the following.  I've followed up with them twice saying that previously they fixed it quickly before sailing.  Nope.  No longer can they do that.  Must wait until on board before finding out is our requested times were reserved.  Their answer.  Not much help.  

"The ship only gives us 25% of the floorplan for pre reservations, the other 75% is held by the ship. Your concierge onboard will download all the dinner requests about 2-3 days prior to sailing. Please confirm with them upon arrival."    

I called today and got all mine, I am about 100 days out.  Needed to call because we are 5 in two cabins

1 hour ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

I called today and got all mine, I am about 100 days out.  Needed to call because we are 5 in two cabins

I think I'll call tomorrow.  I think the concierge desk person answering my emails has some bad information.   

4 minutes ago, roger001 said:

I think I'll call tomorrow.  I think the concierge desk person answering my emails has some bad information.   

The preconcierge really has no more power than you do. Most folks just wait and build a rapport with the onboard concierge that work to make your cruise enjoyable. The onboard concierge has the ability to oversell a restaurant and get you a better time. 

We normally jump on the reservations as soon as they open. We like to have control over the bookings and make decisions in real time. 

2 hours ago, roger001 said:

Of course they are limited, you are very late to the reservations window.   Suite guests could start booking at 130 days prior to cruise date, then everyone else could start booking at 120 days prior.    I hope you get the times you want when you board.

We usually book all of ours online when reservations first open.     However, we have never had a problem with booking or changing a booked reservation if we go to the designated reservation desk immediately after embarkation.   There are a good number of reservations & times that are still available if you check that first day.  

This is what you do:

The very second the clock strikes 12am, hit refresh and make your choices.

I performed the above today and booked my 1st choice to three premium restaurant freebies and both shows.

This is my first cruise.

Edited by Waquoit
fix bad grammar