Hotel near Boston Harbor

kjacruiser

There are plenty of hotels on the harbor. Are you specifically looking for something by the cruise port? In that case, look in the Seaport area. All of the hotels are newish and modern.

If coming in by train, go to South Station. Then take a taxi/Uber/Whatever to your hotel. If in the Seaport, you can take the Silver Line from South Station.

6 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

There are plenty of hotels on the harbor. Are you specifically looking for something by the cruise port? In that case, look in the Seaport area. All of the hotels are newish and modern.

If coming in by train, go to South Station. Then take a taxi/Uber/Whatever to your hotel. If in the Seaport, you can take the Silver Line from South Station.

thanks...

59 minutes ago, kjacruiser said:

any info on hotel near Boston harbor would be great

Boston Harbor fronts a good portion of the city so it is worth figuring out if you want to be in the Seaport area near the cruise port or more in the city for sightseeing. The Seaport area is relatively new and mainly full of corporate hotels and high rise apartment buildings. This area was frankly scary when I lived there 15 years ago but it's now become very trendy as it's been redeveloped. It is not, however, in the downtown core of Boston.

If you want to be near the water but closer to sightseeing, there are a bunch like the Intercontinental and Boston Harbor Hotel right on the water in the financial district. The Marriott Long Wharf near Faneuil Hall or the Battery Wharf Hotel in the North End. All of these are on the water but much closer to the historic sights and main part of downtown than the Seaport area. 

I'm following along as I will need ideas for 9/22/21.  I have never been to Boston so will fly in 2 days prior.  We will plan to grab a cab from the airport to the hotel.  I'd like to be in the heart of site seeing and will take a cab to port the morning of the cruise.  

Sounds like hotels are crazy expensive but when in Rome .... so I'll spring for location, I'd love to be out walking the city.  I don't need the Ritz but something fun and nice close to good restaurants.  2 people.  Is it possible for around $350 a night?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jane2357 said:

I'm following along as I will need ideas for 9/22/21.  I have never been to Boston so will fly in 2 days prior.  We will plan to grab a cab from the airport to the hotel.  I'd like to be in the heart of site seeing and will take a cab to port the morning of the cruise.  

Sounds like hotels are crazy expensive but when in Rome .... so I'll spring for location, I'd love to be out walking the city.  I don't need the Ritz but something fun and nice close to good restaurants.  2 people.  Is it possible for around $350 a night?

September is high season in Boston.  For similar days of the week (Mon-We’d) in Sept 2020 I’m seeing almost no downtown (let alone specifically on the harbor) hotels for $350 tax included.  Perhaps there is a convention in 2020.  You’re going to have to wait until next Sept to see what the opening prices would be for your date.

7 hours ago, Nitemare said:

Not sure I understand the need for train station info.  Some Boston Harbor hotels are close to North Station.  Others are close to South Station.

I am assuming that the OP is looking to take Amtrak from New Jersey. Though if they select a Back Bay area hotel, they will probably want to get off at Back Bay. Amtrak only goes to/from Maine from North Station.

• 2 weeks later...

Hotels along the water are generally very expensive.  Because Boston is quite compact, it is easy to get around to places you want to see, so you do not need to pay an arm and a leg for something at Rowe’s Wharf or Beacon Street/Commonwealth Avenue area.

If cost is a concern, the Revolution and Copley House - both near South Station are reasonably priced, clean and comfortable.