Daily Gratuity Increase?

1 hour ago, SRF said:

Free bags.

When many times the fare, plus bag fees on other airlines total less.

So you keep telling us as if none of us are smart enough to figure it out on our own. BTW, I am paying more to fly Jet Blue home from my next cruise because the flight time was more convenient than Southwest.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Price increase  is a fact of life and I can accept any gratuity increase like an increase in taxes. What bothers me more is the condescending attitude towards the staff from those who tip above and beyond. They are professionals and should be treated as such. They are making an honest living and not begging or seeking government assistance.  Threat them with respect and pay the auto gratuity.

Yes!!!

Drives me nuts the way some act like they are children. They don’t want candy or any other little trinkets you want to give them. They are working for money just like everyone else. “Oh they were so happy when I have them xyz”. Of course they were. They won’t refuse anything because then they would risk tips being taken away. Anyone that has ever worked in customer service knows that you have to fake nice a lot of times. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, BeachChik said:

Yes!!!

Drives me nuts the way some act like they are children. They don’t want candy or any other little trinkets you want to give them. They are working for money just like everyone else. “Oh they were so happy when I have them xyz”. Of course they were. They won’t refuse anything because then they would risk tips being taken away. Anyone that has ever worked in customer service knows that you have to fake nice a lot of times. 

I wish I had a dime for every time I had to  tell someone something they wanted to hear. I think the hardest part of their job is not how many rooms they have to clean or how many tables they have to wait on, but how many A$$es they have to kiss.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, FireEMT978 said:

Quick question......Since we're on the subject. 

Any way to prepay my gratuities online? In cruise planner?

No.

If you booked directly with RC, you must call them.  If you are using a travel agent, that person must call them on your behalf.

13 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

So you keep telling us as if none of us are smart enough to figure it out on our own. BTW, I am paying more to fly Jet Blue home from my next cruise because the flight time was more convenient than Southwest.

Not saying that at times SW is not cheaper, it is just that many people seem to think they are ALWAYS cheaper.  And that your bags actually checked for free.

Last year, a friend needed to get from San Diego to Minneapolis.  Delta was over $200 cheaper.  That pays for a number of bags checked. 🙂

Edited by SRF