Bliss late departure tomorrow from NYC?

princess_mom

I haven't come across specific data tracking or trends by cruiselines and/or ships on respiratory illness ... not sure if CDC/WHO has a mandate to collect them, unlike norovirus.  

Trending for the Tri-State NY region is on the rise ... deaths reported in the news for CT this morning.  I subscribe to the NYS HAN (Health Alert Network, for health pro's & others) and haven't seen anything alarming from a public health & infectious disease angle, aside for cases of measles ... 

Most recent CDC data for NY is that of "widespread" for influenza - https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/usmap.htm

WHO has the global view/updates - 

2019_12_20_influenza_update_357.png

It comes down to following guidance on best practices in proper handwash, etc. - to guard against droplets & contact precautions, and avoiding crowded quarters ... like flying those aluminum tin/composite cans with recirculated cabin air. 

PDF link (sandboxed safely on Dropbox) for the latest NYC Dept of Health advisory - if anyone wish to read the details, here - 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w2zfw358ymm9r3n/HAN Influenza_2019_2020.pdf?dl=0

P.S.  Bliss is on the move, heading close toward the VZ Bridge now ... probably sailed from Pier 88 around 17:45.  

Edited by mking8288

I want to do a commercial for - you guessed it - THE FLU VACCINE!  (No, I am not a medical professional and I don’t benefit financially from sales of any pharmaceutical - wish I did!)

Medicare pays for flu vaccine, and most private insurances do as well.  Our Target gives out a $5 gift card for people who get their flu vaccine there, so they PAY you to be vaccinated.

No flu vaccine is 100% effective, but NOT using flu vaccine is guaranteed to be 0% effective.  It’s a really good idea, as well as a courtesy to your fellow cruisers, to get the vaccine—for your own health, so you don’t get sick and spread it to everyone around you who is unvaccinated (aka herd immunity).

Let’s NOT debate the good vs evil of vaccines and anti-Vaxxers.  Just my 2c for this situation.  No idea if it could have been prevented, but I am so glad DH and I had our shots this year.

• Like 2