No more Snow Room on Norwegian Escape?

cruise_z

Hello, I read a recent review on another site that briefly mentioned that the Norwegian Escape no longer has a Snow Room in the Thermal Suite. Can anyone confirm this? I am wondering if it was just temporarily closed or if it is actually no longer offered at all. This is the first time I have seen this and I was unable to find anywhere else that references this.

I have been in the snow room a number of times. When you enter you notice the floor is iced over and is very slippery. If you go to far from the door you might fall trying to get back to the door to leave.I think this why they closed the room.I have taken one step in and close the door and held on to the handle and left in a minute or two.

On 12/27/2019 at 4:56 PM, conciergecruiser said:

It was not operational when my sister and I were on the Escape in the fall..

On 12/27/2019 at 7:38 PM, waterjock said:

I have been in the snow room a number of times. When you enter you notice the floor is iced over and is very slippery. If you go to far from the door you might fall trying to get back to the door to leave.I think this why they closed the room.I have taken one step in and close the door and held on to the handle and left in a minute or two.

On 12/27/2019 at 7:41 PM, BirdTravels said:

It was operational on the Escape back in April. And they installed a snow room on the Encore which just launched (and it was up and running). 

On 12/28/2019 at 2:45 AM, Coastalbreezes said:

Not working last week.

Thanks everyone for the updates and information! This is really helpful.  It seems like it might just be inoperable for the time being (?), but not necessarily permanently closed. Hopefully, they didn't decide to remove it permanently. Not a big deal, but was really interested in the Snow Room.

1 hour ago, cruise_z said:

Not a big deal, but was really interested in the Snow Room.

I can tell you one thing, it's cold!  We are on Escape in February...hope whatever is ailing the snow room gets fixed for your cruise and ours too.  I love going from the hot steam to the cold snow.  Very exhilarating IMO.

On 12/27/2019 at 10:38 PM, waterjock said:

OMG I agree with you. Very slippery and dangerous too. I almost fell wearing my shoes.

Was a bit safer in bear feet.

The whole week I was on Escape hardly anyone used it at all.

What i think is the floor is not suppose to ice up only the walls and ceiling.They will have to correct this problem on the Escape i think they nave corrected it on the Bliss and on Encore that is why we are getting reports of no problem.

On 12/29/2019 at 4:23 PM, Georgia_Peaches said:

I can tell you one thing, it's cold!  We are on Escape in February...hope whatever is ailing the snow room gets fixed for your cruise and ours too.  I love going from the hot steam to the cold snow.  Very exhilarating IMO.

It does sound exhilarating which is what drew me to it! We'll be there in February too. Looking forward to it and hope it gets fixed as well for your cruise!

On 12/29/2019 at 6:07 PM, PortFees45 said:

You mean the pnuemonia room?

😁😄😂

On 12/30/2019 at 9:58 AM, Sheshefran said:

I am sailing to get away from the snow!

I am sailing to get away from the cold too, but was still looking forward to the snow room! There's something unique about being in the Caribbean and having access to snow!

On 12/30/2019 at 10:26 AM, Caligirl1 said:

Just got off of the Escape on 12/21.  The snow room was down for the first 2 days of the cruise, you could see it was being worked on.  But it was operational for the remainder of the week.

Phew. Thanks for the update. The review that I read on another site implied it was going to be shut down forever, so glad to hear that isn't the case.

On 12/30/2019 at 12:03 PM, Oceansaway17 said:

OMG I agree with you. Very slippery and dangerous too. I almost fell wearing my shoes.

Was a bit safer in bear feet.

The whole week I was on Escape hardly anyone used it at all.

On 12/30/2019 at 5:29 PM, waterjock said:

What i think is the floor is not suppose to ice up only the walls and ceiling.They will have to correct this problem on the Escape i think they nave corrected it on the Bliss and on Encore that is why we are getting reports of no problem.

Yikes, I could see how that would be dangerous. Hopefully they find a solution to that.

• 1 month later...