I'm cheating on Carnival... for the Norwegian Epic

4 hours ago, Oakman58 said:

Threads like this drive me batty because of the people who say the Epic is their favorite ship.  Why is it your favorite Ship?  What does the Epic offer that the other large NCL ships don't?

People who complain about the Epic almost always list what they don't like yet those who say they love the Epic never mention what makes the Epic their favorite.  C'mon, tell me why the Epic is better than the Breakaway, Getaway, Escape, Joy, Bliss, and Encore.

In multiple threads, I’ve seen people claim that the Haven, the thermal spa and Spice H2O on Epic are the best in the fleet. I’m not saying they’re right or wrong on the first two, but I’ll bet I’m going to miss Spice on my Encore cruise in a couple weeks. 

1 hour ago, Monica887 said:

One more plus for NCL, on the private island you can eat at the buffet ( which isn't great but gets the job done). On carnival I just had to pay to eat at fat Tuesdays on a private beach.

Carnival offers a “free” buffet on their private island. 

5 hours ago, Oakman58 said:

Threads like this drive me batty because of the people who say the Epic is their favorite ship.  Why is it your favorite Ship?  What does the Epic offer that the other large NCL ships don't?

People who complain about the Epic almost always list what they don't like yet those who say they love the Epic never mention what makes the Epic their favorite.  C'mon, tell me why the Epic is better than the Breakaway, Getaway, Escape, Joy, Bliss, and Encore.

You are on the January 26th Epic sailing right?

I love Spice H2O and the giant spa and gym. I actually like the weird bathroom setup. If my husband wants to sit in the bathroom for 20 minutes I can still get ready. 🤷🏽‍♀️ I actually missed that setup on the Gem. 

Edited by Sweetnspicy
Spelling

15 minutes ago, Monica887 said:

This was in roatan. Perhaps it varies?

Mahogany Bay is developed by Carnival but the vendors are not run by Carnival, so it’s not really a private island. Carnival’s private island (actually Holland America’s island that Carnival uses) in Half Moon Caye, Bahamas is the actual private island and is set up more similarly to GSC. HMC is more beautiful in my opinion. I’d book a Carnival cruise just to go there again. 

I enjoy the Epic. Like Howl at the Moon, Bliss, Deck 18 lounging outside, and the thermal spa. I usually sail port intensive itineraries on this ship. Plus, I use the thermal suite more than the pool deck. Enjoy extra seating options for buffet dining and the Great Outdoors. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sweetnspicy said:

You are on the January 26th Epic sailing right?

Yes I am.

I love Spice H2O and the giant spa and gym. I actually like the weird bathroom setup. If my husband wants to sit in the bathroom for 20 minutes I can still get ready. 🤷🏽‍♀️ I actually missed that setup on the Gem. 

20 minutes sitting in the bathroom?  You might want to get him to eat more fiber.  😄

Wife and I have been married for 45 years so the bathroom setup is no big deal for us.  One thing I don't like about the cabin is the wave wall, it makes the cabin seem smaller than it is.

1 hour ago, Oakman58 said:

Wife and I have been married for 45 years so the bathroom setup is no big deal for us.  One thing I don't like about the cabin is the wave wall, it makes the cabin seem smaller than it is.

I actually like the walls. I like the lighter color couch as well. I like that the rooms are lighter and different. 😁

On 12/29/2019 at 3:54 PM, Oakman58 said:

For me, Epic is better simply because they have more solo cabins. As a solo cruiser, this ship is ideal for me, as i get to meet many other solo passengers. Also this ship is a little less family friendly compared to the newer ships (no gocarts etc) so the atmosphere on the ship is also a little different imo.

Edited by z4oslo
  • Like 1

On 12/29/2019 at 3:54 PM, Oakman58 said:

Why is it your favorite Ship?  What does the Epic offer that the other large NCL ships don't?

The Epic is my favourite ship because it offers 7 day cruises from Barcelona throughout the summer.  We get freestyle cruising and we usually get a drinks package and tips “thrown in” (Ok the pricing means that we pay for it, but it feels free).  

What more need I ask for??

On 12/29/2019 at 9:54 AM, Oakman58 said:

The Epic is not my favorite ship, but the reason it is awesome is the Epic Haven and Posh.

Other people may prefer the Epic because there is a pool in Spice H20.

We are sailing on the Epic for the third time in February.

• Like 1