Current Future Cruise Offer

CoconutOne

21 minutes ago, CoconutOne said:

Does anyone know what it is? The last one I see on the X Commitment site ended December 18th, but there's been nothing else posted. Anyone know what's up?

$100 deposits per person and additional OBC.  The amount is dependent on the room and length of cruise.  For a 7 day cruise in Veranda, Concierge or Aqua, it is $150 per room.

Thanks to you both! Algebra- discount or additional OBC?

The previous offer was (for a 7 night in a veranda) $150 OBC per stateroom, plus $100 per person additional OBC, for a total of $350 OBC (based on double occupancy.)

Is that still what it is?

3 hours ago, CoconutOne said:

Thanks to you both! Algebra- discount or additional OBC?

The previous offer was (for a 7 night in a veranda) $150 OBC per stateroom, plus $100 per person additional OBC, for a total of $350 OBC (based on double occupancy.)

Is that still what it is?

If there is an additional $100 available in the current Celebrity promotion, you will get that booking on board.  Right now, it is the $150 per stateroom veranda (7 night cruise) and $100 deposit for each cruiser.  No additional perks or $.

I'm glad to see they have clarified the flyer a bit more.  When we were on in November when the current Celebrity promo (available everywhere) included $100 pp of OBC they just had a column which said Extra Savings like they do on the far right of this one.   However there was not the additional header which indicated it was the "November Deal" promo.

When people tried to reprice their reservations they were shocked that they lost this "Extra Savings" OBC.

This flyer is a bit more explanatory indicating the OBC for booking onboard in the columns with the # of days.  Then on the right the attributes of the Sail and Sail Plus extra perks from the regular promo that could change if you reprice under another promo.   I don't know why they don't have it listed as the "Sail Beyond Event" in the header which is technically the name of the promo.

22 minutes ago, lamondys said:

Does anyone know if the future cruise desk is generally open on embarkation day?

Yes it is. We are onboard early and one of the first things we do is visit the FCC desk and book. Our experiences have always been when booking early the first day we get a choice of white or red wine (delivered to our stateroom) and our names put in for a couple of different drawings. And if booking a B2B cruise double it. This would be in addition to any other onboard booking offers. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Thanks 1

On 12/29/2019 at 10:02 AM, TeeRick said:

Interesting that they now distinguish Sky Suites from All Other Suites.  How long has this been the case?  I don't remember seeing this before.

Since our last cruise on Eclipse in October. The flyer above looks very much like the one we received onboard for the “New Places. New Spaces.” promotion. The categories and amounts listed are indentical.

48 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Since our last cruise on Eclipse in October. The flyer above looks very much like the one we received onboard for the “New Places. New Spaces.” promotion. The categories and amounts listed are indentical.

Actually I just looked at our cruise ticket booklet for our cruise next week and this same OBC table is included there.

Can somebody actually clarify that "Extra Savings per Person" column?

I booked a placeholder in October and knew the future cruise offer I booked was subject to change since I don't plan on keeping the sailing they booked me on.

But if I were to go use the reservation number today on a 7 night veranda sailing that cost $1000 per person, does that mean I would only pay $800 per person?

Thanks!!

8 minutes ago, CoconutOne said:

Can somebody actually clarify that "Extra Savings per Person" column?

I booked a placeholder in October and knew the future cruise offer I booked was subject to change since I don't plan on keeping the sailing they booked me on.

But if I were to go use the reservation number today on a 7 night veranda sailing that cost $1000 per person, does that mean I would only pay $800 per person?

Thanks!!

Yes but it's a bit of smoke and mirrors.  It depends on where you are looking to see the $1000 per person.  In most of the Celebrity screens the promo is already include in the price they are showing you.  It's $200 per person off the "MSRP".   Here is an example of my current booking with this promo.  The SAILBEYOND savings is $200 pp and the 220 "savings" is because I chose a refundable deposit with the 1 free perk.    If I had selected non refundable it would have been a larger discount for PRICE GRAT NRD.

In this case the advertised price when looking at most pages on the site would be $2236 pp plus taxes and fees.

image.png.9e342c3d11d8d3b9f93cb0a751124033.png

Hope this helps explain the crazy confusing pricing model.