Glass Blowing

george35

15 minutes ago, george35 said:

2 Questions, can you use your OBC  & is it free to attend??

george35

Yes, it is free and there may be onlookers.  

You can also use your OBC.  The price is often less expensive on the ship than the one price listed in the cruise planner.  Prices will reflect what item you choose and there is a menu.  There is a demonstration the first day and you can see staff making glass ornaments.  

It is free to attend...to watch.

If you want to have a glass session for yourself to make something, you can sign up any time that the glass blowing event/classes are operating (most of the time, during day light hours—we didn’t walk past that area when it was darker).

You can pre-pay for a session (when on board, go to the glass blowing area to book our specific time), by pre-booking in the Your Account section where you find internet pre-booking, I found that pre-booking was quite a bit of a discounted price VS waiting to pay aboard.  I believe they charge your on-board account If you wait to book until you are there.

There are a few items to make that are included in your “session fee” and there are some that have an up-charge.

48 minutes ago, erniesband said:

We used our OBC to pay for our class. They don't do a show anymore but you can sit and watch everyone make their pieces for free. 

There was  a glass blowing demonstration  performed by staff at 3:30 on the day of departure on the Equinox.  The goal was to have cruisers sign up.  Sample products are available to view.  I believe the starting price was $75 more or less.  Prices increased based on the item.

I loved watching the glass blowing sessions on the Solstice. We were the last cruise (June 2018) before it changed to be a paid for activity, where you could participate.

Watching them create stunning pieces whilst sailing through the Inside Passage is something that I will never forget.🥰

I would definitely sign up to create something if it was available on a ship.

4 minutes ago, candydane said:

Since you're working with melted hot glass, is there someone always helping to be sure you don't do something stupid?

is it hard to do?  

I'm not very crafty — see above questions! lol

The staff does all the handling of the glass.  The passenger doesn't do very much--some blowing into the tube, and  then spinning while the staff member shapes the piece.

It turned out to be a highlight when I was on Equinox. I spent hours watching people make things; and I made 3 pieces myself. It was a lot of fun. Folks were really friendly and gregarious while up there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candydane said:

Since you're working with melted hot glass, is there someone always helping to be sure you don't do something stupid?

is it hard to do?  

I'm not very crafty — see above questions! lol

You get to”assist” in the forming, the instructors do all the firework 

Curious, we booked 2 people for hot glass on a slight sale for $107 but that was when you had to pay additional for the piece you make. NOW they only offer a package for $120pp that includes the piece you make. Anyone know how this is being handled on the ship? I don't have the old wording for the HotGlass experience but this is the new wording. Also anyone have a photo of the Mermaid Mug or Whale Tail Mug, we intended to make the tumbler before the change. 52 days woohoo!

Overview

Discover the ancient art of glassblowing, invented during the Roman Empire, in one of our world-famous hot glass classes, offered exclusively by Celebrity Cruises. Use vibrant colors and high heat to create your own unique piece of art from one of eight impressive designs. Your handmade souvenir will remind you of all the amazing experiences you had on your vacation for years to come. Classes are extremely popular, and sell out quickly, so make sure you reserve your spot today. 

SOUVENIR OPTIONS:
• Wave Vase 
• Vase 
• Starfish 
• Heart 
• Pumpkin 
• Jellyfish 
• Whale Tail Mug/Mermaid Mug 
• Tropical Fish

BonVoyage

Dawna

I was disappointed when I heard the Corning was leaving Celebrity. They brought in Hollywood Hot Glass and I love it. I've made 3 pieces so far. It is so much fun. Each instructor seems to do things a little different. Instructors always collects the glass. It seem to come down to how comfortable you are and how much experience you have.

22 hours ago, CruisinDawn said:

Curious, we booked 2 people for hot glass on a slight sale for $107 but that was when you had to pay additional for the piece you make. NOW they only offer a package for $120pp that includes the piece you make. Anyone know how this is being handled on the ship? I don't have the old wording for the HotGlass experience but this is the new wording. Also anyone have a photo of the Mermaid Mug or Whale Tail Mug, we intended to make the tumbler before the change. 52 days woohoo!

Overview

Discover the ancient art of glassblowing, invented during the Roman Empire, in one of our world-famous hot glass classes, offered exclusively by Celebrity Cruises. Use vibrant colors and high heat to create your own unique piece of art from one of eight impressive designs. Your handmade souvenir will remind you of all the amazing experiences you had on your vacation for years to come. Classes are extremely popular, and sell out quickly, so make sure you reserve your spot today. 

SOUVENIR OPTIONS:
• Wave Vase 
• Vase 
• Starfish 
• Heart 
• Pumpkin 
• Jellyfish 
• Whale Tail Mug/Mermaid Mug 
• Tropical Fish

BonVoyage

Dawna

See you on board the Equinox!!!