Equinox in June...lots of questions

micmacmissy

Looking to book Equinox going to the caribbean in June for our family of four (kids 19 and 17).  We've done Oasis class with RCCL, looking for some more laid back relaxation this time around.

Husband and I cruised on Silhouette 6 years ago and really enjoyed it.

Of importance to us:  good service, great dining experience, relaxation.  That being said, here are my questions for anyone inclined to jump in!

1)  Should we book Aqua class to eat in Blu?  Select dining was such a nightmare back on the Silhouette- handed a pager every night (even when we had a reservation) and the tables were SO close together.  I would much rather walk in and be seated and not have to wait, then feel jammed in.  (We will likely book 3 nights in specialty dining too.)  But, if select dining has improved then we are fine with the MDR.

2)  Now that Michael's Club is gone (bummer, it was our favorite beer spot), are there other good lounges?

3)  What spa perks does Aqua class come with?

4)  Anything else we shouldn't miss?

Thanks in advance!

I assume you were going to book two cabins if you are considering AQ.  The cabins are only double occupancy.  The tables at Blu are pretty close together as well...  As for lounges, my favorites on the S Class are the Sunset Bar and the Sky Lounge.  People love the Ensemble Lounge as well...I’m not a fan as it’s so so dark in there...

Depending to the difference in price from whatever category you were planning to book and AQ...you might consider purchasing a specialty dining package instead.

Blu is very nice but I wouldn't pay more than max $200 per person above a veranda cabin for it.  I agree you should look into a dining package if you don't go with Aqua and Blu. Don't know the spa perks because we never use them.  You will find craft beer at the Craft Social bar. It's usually quite busy but service is good. I also very much enjoy the Sunset Bar and the Sky Lounge when it is open, which is not a lot. But open and very quiet from about 7-9 PM, then usually some lively activity after 9 or so. 

Well, Equinox is the ship we sail on the most, as she’s year round out of Ft. Lauderdale.  We are only a party of two and we used to never make Select reservations...until we had a bad experience on Silhouette...now we make reservations for each night and rarely have more than a few minutes wait by the hostess stand...no pagers.  We eat at 6:45-7...maybe other times are busier.  

9 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Well, Equinox is the ship we sail on the most, as she’s year round out of Ft. Lauderdale.  We are only a party of two and we used to never make Select reservations...until we had a bad experience on Silhouette...now we make reservations for each night and rarely have more than a few minutes wait by the hostess stand...no pagers.  We eat at 6:45-7...maybe other times are busier.  

Thanks - that is good to know and helps me feel a bit better!  That was the one big bummer from our 2014 cruise, which was also Silhouette.  The select dining was a MESS!