Oceania Laundry Service - Suggestion

Classiccruiser777

Seems like Oceania did not have a wash and fold laundry product before they decided to offer included laundry for Concierge class and above. When they started including it for those categories they marketed it as being slightly less of a product than passengers pay for by stating that turnaround could take as much as 3 days. That is certainly fair since the free benefit came with that disclosure. However if they did not note that the lesser product also did not include pressing when previously all Oceania laundry services included pressing, that is a bit deceitful. Marketing a new benefit to now include for free a product people are used to paying for and not fully disclosing the extent to which it is a lesser product is not okay IMHO.

2 hours ago, edgee said:

Seems like Oceania did not have a wash and fold laundry product before they decided to offer included laundry for Concierge class and above. When they started including it for those categories they marketed it as being slightly less of a product than passengers pay for by stating that turnaround could take as much as 3 days. That is certainly fair since the free benefit came with that disclosure. However if they did not note that the lesser product also did not include pressing when previously all Oceania laundry services included pressing, that is a bit deceitful. Marketing a new benefit to now include for free a product people are used to paying for and not fully disclosing the extent to which it is a lesser product is not okay IMHO.

On longer O cruises a “$24 for 20 items” laundry special was/is typically offered but included only wash and fold, not pressing. The clean laundry was returned to the cabin inside a laundry bag. We used this service a couple of times last June.

9 hours ago, Paulchili said:

I don’t see why not.

For example, O offers different categories of excursions. Some of the OE excursions have the identical itinerary to the “regular” ones except the OE are limited in size vs a larger bus tour.

You want a better, more personalized experience? You can get it if you are willing to pay extra for it. You’ll also can get the laundry back the same day for extra charge.

Certainly not unique to Oceania or cruise line industry.

Yep, no different than getting a hot breakfast in Concierge or higher, or more and earlier Specialty reservations or on and on. Just like most things it life, you pay more you get more. 

21 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

I got free unlimited laundry on the world cruise and it came back just like that picture...non-hangables wrapped neatly in tissue paper and everything else on hangers. What's wrong with that? It may not be free for everyone but it's done nicely.

I read this comment of yours pre-cruise Marina. It came back folded in the bag we sent it off in. And clearly they do everything in cold water - to protect more delicate things that I wouldn't have sent - so everything was kinda drab. Re-washed when we got home.

I have always requested cold water wash since our jeans, etc., specify that is appropriate.  Nice to know that I don't have to tell them that!  Since we don't give them our black tie outfits, it's good to know we don't have concerns.

Our "free" items on our most recent cruises were folded very nicely and we had no complaints.

Mura

19 minutes ago, Mura said:

I have always requested cold water wash since our jeans, etc., specify that is appropriate.  Nice to know that I don't have to tell them that!  Since we don't give them our black tie outfits, it's good to know we don't have concerns.

Our "free" items on our most recent cruises were folded very nicely and we had no complaints.

Mura

Next time we'll do our own.

Clo, we usually do so as well!  But when we've been on a longer cruise and this "free" option became available we found it worth it.  One thing, I'm guessing, is that with concierge and above being able to have the "free" option, that should make more room available in the laundry rooms for do-it-your-selfers.  Of course, Marina and Riviera have far more laundry machines available than the "R" ships do ... which is another consideration.