Park and Cruise: Port of Miami questions

poss

We have a cruise coming up on Regent, which I have learned docks at Terminal J.   Questions:

— I assume that there's safe, convenient parking near to where the ships dock?   (Does anyone happen to know what daily rates are?)

— How far is the walk from the parking area (the closest parking area) to the ship?

— Is there an easy way to haul one's luggage?   I ask because my husband and I are elderly, and we can't manage luggage very well.    Are there baggage carts?   porters?   

— I wonder if it ever happens that the close lot is full, simply unable to accept more cars?   That would put us in a real bind.

— I wonder what other sorts of questions I'm forgetting to ask, so that we have a smooth and comfortable transition.   (Traveling is a good deal harder for us than it used to be, but I'm hoping to still be able to manage it.)

Thanks in advance.

7 hours ago, poss said:

We have a cruise coming up on Regent, which I have learned docks at Terminal J.   Questions:

— I assume that there's safe, convenient parking near to where the ships dock?   (Does anyone happen to know what daily rates are? $22)  See the port map:  https://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/library/portmiami-map.pdf.

— How far is the walk from the parking area (the closest parking area) to the ship?

— Is there an easy way to haul one's luggage?   I ask because my husband and I are elderly, and we can't manage luggage very well.    Are there baggage carts?   porters?   

— I wonder if it ever happens that the close lot is full, simply unable to accept more cars?   I've never read or heard of parking difficulties.  Remember, people will be disembarking and leaving before your arrival for embarkation.  Just don't show up before 10 am or so to ensure that all the previous passengers have left. That would put us in a real bind.

— I wonder what other sorts of questions I'm forgetting to ask, so that we have a smooth and comfortable transition.   (Traveling is a good deal harder for us than it used to be, but I'm hoping to still be able to manage it.)

Thanks in advance.

See the official website:  https://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/cruise.asp

I've never read or heard of parking difficulties.  Remember, people will be disembarking and leaving before your arrival for embarkation.  Just don't show up before 10 am or so to ensure that all the previous passengers have left.

Thanks to both of you.    I'd be uncomfortable dropping bags with porters and then disappearing.     Would I be able to drop my husband off with our luggage near where one checks in, then park, and meet him back there?

1 hour ago, poss said:

Thanks to both of you.    I'd be uncomfortable dropping bags with porters and then disappearing.     Would I be able to drop my husband off with our luggage near where one checks in, then park, and meet him back there?

Yes.